Chapter 3

'Well, from what I knew, I had a nameless uncle on America who Mycroft didn't get along with at all.'

'Well, the 'didn't get along with' part was... Rather accurate.' Said Sherlock. I rolled my eyes. 'What?'

'You.' I said simply. 'You love your brother really, and he loves you enough to kidnap your best friend and pay him to spy on you and tell him what you're up to. Anyway. I didn't think we had any other relatives anywhere. I just thought it was coincidental that our surnames were the same - Mycroft wasn't associated with you in any way, or, at least, that was what we had been told whenever we asked.

'When you were 'dead'... Well, Mycroft acted like it didn't affect him. Or maybe it didn't - knowing him, he might've known you were alive. To be honest, I didn't think all that stuff was true. You know - Andrew Scott being hired as an actor to play Moriarty. You solved so many cases before he was mentioned - I like your blog, by the way -' I looked at John. He smiled as if to say thanks. '- and it just seemed so unrealistic. I mean... That just doesn't happen. But then you want and killed yourself... I don't know, I guess I just thought you got pissed off because of all the bad press or something. I didn't really think anything like you not dying would've happened- why would I need to care? No offence.'

'None taken.'

'Well... That's it really.' I said simply. 'Theres not much to tell you, we didn't know you were my dad.'

'Right.'

We just sat there in an awkward silence for a few minutes. John finally broke the uneasy tension between us.

'Well, any cases floating around?'

As if from out of nowhere, a gun appeared in Sherlock's hand. There was a load bang, and a new bullet hole appeared in the wall.

This all happened in the time space of about a second.

'Ill take that as a no,'

'Im bored!' Sherlock exclaimed.

'You're always bored whenever there isn't some kind of psychopath murder case! You need a new hobby.'

'Lets play Cluedo.'

'What the heck...' I muttered. Why cluedo? I'd never actually played before - but I knew the concept. You have to figure out who the murderer was, where it happened and what the murder weapon was.

'No.' Said John simply.

'But I'm bored!' He repeated. 'Cluedo is the closest I can ever get to an actual murder case at the moment!'

Who would've thought that the Great Sherlock Holmes got a kick out of playing Cluedo with his only friend?

Not me.

He went over to a cupboard and silently took out a box. 'Have you played before?' He asked me simply.

'No...'

'Well, don't worry.' Said John. 'He really isn't very good at it.' John then went on to explaining how to play it.

◼️◽️▪️🔺▫️◾️◻️

'But it's the only possibility!' Sherlock and I exclaimed simultaneously, throwing our hands up in frustration.

'Well, it's impossible!'

'Dammit, John!' Sherlock exclaimed.

'We know that Scarlett was killed by the rope, and she was the only one in the dining room at the time, we decide that it happened at three in the afternoon! No one could've gotten her into that position without leaving a mark!'

'Well, you two are defiantly father and daughter...' He muttered, rolling his eyes. 'Ive already told you, she couldn't have killed herself!'

'How would you know?' Sherlock and I spoke together again. There was no way that Scarlett hadn't committed suicide - John seemed to think it was Mustard, but he would've left some sign of injury if he was going to attack her and hang her! Wasn't it obvious? She had to have killed herself... Duh...

'Because the rules say so!'

'Where?' I picked up the paper book that was lying in the box lid and threw it at John. 'Show me where it says that!'

John just rolled his eyes and put the instructions manual back in the lid. He picked up the three cards that were in the middle of the board. 'There, see? Mustard murdered her with the rope in the dining room.'

'Well, that's wrong!'

'Suicide was the only possible solution.' Said Sherlock, raising his eyebrows knowledgeably and slightly snidely.

'Well... Oh, never mind! There are two of you now... Dammit, how am I ever going to live with you now?'

'You'll just have to live with it for a bit, won't you?' I said, smiling sweetly and sarcastically at the same time.

'And we were right.' Added Sherlock.

'Oh, God.' Watson muttered, resigned.