Chapter 5

You just had to look at her. Blonde hair with dyed in pink streaks, piercing blue eyes, light skin. Extra thick jumper on a warm-ish day - hiding scars. Red cuts and scratches that covered her arms, but not self-inflicted, most likely. Her cheeks were slightly flushed with red - partially embarrassment and sheer self-consciousness as I walked over to her, partly from where her mother had slapped her is morning. Her... Brother, host likely, bullied her, switching her shower gel for bleach that burned and attacked her skin, pushing her around, and then saying she had done of to herself, destroying all of her parent's respect for her. A lot of pain and suffering. In her life.

She was smart - not a proper genius, but smart enough for a mediocre mind. For example, she knew how to get bloodstains out of her clothes and wash bleach off of her skin before it harmed her fatally, without her parents knowing, and to cover up any scars that her brother had inflicted upon her.

And, she was smart enough to give up hoping that her parents would be defending her over her brother any time soon.

The harsh truth, I know.

'Hi.' I said to her, smiling as sweetly as possible. Feeling the eyes that followed me as is sat down opposite her, I winked.

'Umm... Hi...' She muttered. 'What... What now... People don't... People don't talk to me.' She said self consciously.

'Well, then, how come I am?'

'Because you don't know me.'

'I know enough.'

'No, you don't.'

I leant in towards her, lowering my head and my voice, so that only she could hear me now. 'I know that your brother torments you. And I know that your parents won't help you. And I know that you're smart. Smart enough to push everyone away, so that they won't find out those things. But the difference between me and everyone else, is that I already know these things. And I actually care.'

'How?' She whispered, eyes wide. Everyone else was still staring at us intently, but we acted as if we didn't notice.

'Because I see things about people.' I said simply. Just then, the bell went off. Everyone quickly turned and packed up their things.

'So, where to?' I asked the girl, realising only then that I hadn't actually asked her name, yet I knew her biggest secrets.

'Maths.'

'Great.'

'Trust me, it's tedious.' She said simply.

'Whats your name?'

'Allie.'

We had to push our way through the crowds and upstairs to the classroom - luckily, we were in the same class.