Chapter 15

'But I just don't get it!' I exclaimed as we walked back upstairs. 'Why would you actually take his number?'

'Because!' Said Izzy. 'He's cute -'

'No, he's not.'

'He seemed nice -'

'He hung out with some other idiot who's arm I nearly broke because he thought it was okay to touch me.'

'And he actually showed an interest!' Izzy had paused to let me speak, but continued speaking afterwards as if she had been speaking fluently, uninterrupted. 'You should've taken Harvey's number!' We had gotten upstairs now - no one else was home, so we just sat on the sofa and kept talking.

'Pfft! And why the hell would I even consider doing that?' I exclaimed, outraged. He had tried to restrain me from walking away, invaded my personally space and been completely forward and desperate.

'Because,' said Izzy in an, isn't it obvious, sort of voice. 'He's a guy. He showed an interest in you. And you're single.'

'Maybe I don't want a boyfriend.' I didn't really get these relationships. I mean, girls need a guy to look after them and make them feel special... Why couldn't your friends just do that? Why would you need a guy for that?

'Why?'Izzy exclaimed, incredulous.

'Because, a boyfriend is just another person who will either hurt you, leave you, or someone you will have to leave one day. And all of those things are painful. Why would you want to add another person?'

'Because...' Said Izzy, seeming to run out of arguments. 'They make you feel special... Like, not alone.'

'And Harvey, the guy who thought I couldn't snap his arm in two if I wanted to, is the person to do that for me?'

'Well, he could be!'

'Doubtful!'

'I can get Arthur to set use up on a double date!'

'No.'

Something in the tone of my voice made her shut up.

◼️◽️▪️🔺▫️◾️◻️

'Ok, great!' Said Izzy into the phone. 'See you then! Bye!' I rolled my eyes, she had called Arthur, and I would hear it in three... Two... One...

'I'm meeting up with him tomorrow, after school!' She let out a little excited squeak. I just shook my head at her and threw my hands up, a look of incredulity on my face. I couldn't believe she was actually going to meet up with him.

How did she manage to just... trust him so easily, before she even knew anything about him, and had seen him for two minutes, and was willing to call him and to text him and to meet up with him?

Just then, Sherlock and John came in, with Mycroft, as Izzy said, in response to the look I gave her, 'Well, I'll go out with him if I want to go out with him, no matter how little you would trust him, based on one friend!'

'Go out with him?' Mycroft repeated. Izzy looked around, shocked to see him there. 'Who is he, and why doesn't Charlotte trust him?'

'Oh... Umm...' Izzy stuttered.

'It's nothing,' I said, coming to her aid.

I knew Izzy could do without the awkward conversation that would soon follow, as Izzy made the mistake of saying, 'It's just some guy I met downstairs, and his friend pissed Charlotte off, that's all!'

'What did his friend do?' Asked Sherlock.

'He just held my arm, that's all, it was nothing!'

John rolled his eyes, and asked a question that he probably didn't want the answer to. 'And how did you react?'

'I threatened to break his arm.'

John, Sherlock and Mycroft sighed simultaneously. Even though John and Sherlock had only known me for about two months now, let's just say that they already knew that this was typical 'me' behaviour.

'But I only sprained it.'

'Good,' said John, 'I guess.'

They all knew I could have done worse.

'But, Izzy...' Said Mycroft. Emotions and boyfriend-talks were obviously not his thing. 'Should I be... Concerned... About what you -'

'Dad, shut up!' Izzy exclaimed, before Mycroft could continue on and make things even more awkward.

'Don't worry, Mycroft.' I said, speaking so that I could save Izzy. 'I'll handle the awkward sex talk. Trust me.

'Im as against it as you are.' I said with a sideways glance at Izzy. I didn't just mean the awkward sex talk thing.