My friend

"W-where am I?" I asked looking up at the blurry figures. "Shhh, don't want that little friend of yours to wake up." I squinted and saw a small boy sleeping behind the figures. W-what was going on? Where am I? Is this the past I forgot about? Suddenly one of the figures grabbed me by the arm and slapped me. I yelped pulling away, "Go away! I hate you!" The figures just laughed and slowly got closer; darkness engulfing the room.

My eyes shot open. Crap. Another one. I took deep breaths as I calmed down. I really didn't want to do anything. I didn't want to go to school, I just wanted to lay down and absolutely do nothing. But I have to. I forced myself out of bed and quickly put my skinny jeans on. I grabbed an oversized sweater with a skull on in and put that over my cami. I really hated school, I truly did. It made my life worse than it should be. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked downstairs. My mom just got up, she yawed and greeted me,

"Hey sweetie, how were your dreams?" Ugh I hated it when they asked me, it brought up bad memories,

"Uh, the usual. Um, mind if I come home late tonight?" Her eyes widened a little,

"Why? Are you going somewhere?" No dip sherlock.

"Mhm, it's friday so I figured I'll go to starbucks and finish up some school work." As you noticed, I'm a freak. Unlike normal teens my age, I never been to a party, social, dance, gathering, or even hung out with friends before.

"Okay, but don't be out too late. Your dad and I are working late tonight, I'm going to call to make sure you're alright, ok?" I rolled my eyes, I'm not a baby, gosh

"Ok, sounds good, bye." Leaving her there with her coffee and toast, I ran out to the woods again. I was excited to meet Allen. He was my first friend in forever and we both cared about each other. That's a first for me. Plus, he's my "mate", still don't know how that works out but most importantly, he's my friend. It snowed last night, so the forest floor was covered in snow. It was six in the morning so people were driving back home from work. I quickly made my way down deeper into the woods and reached the huge birch tree. My breath was visible in the cold. A puff of gray coming out of my mouth slowly. I looked up and smiled, life seemed like it could turn out to be ok. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped slightly and turned around. It was Allen, standing there smiling.

"Oh hello Allen." I said smiling wide, I was happy to see him again.

"Morning Ly." He rubbed my hair then hugged me. Oh god. I don't think I've ever hugged someone other than my parents before. I awkwardly hugged back. My heart starting to throb again.

"How did you know I was here? I don't come out here everyday at the same time."

"We're mates, remember? We have this connection, you might not feel it now, but I do. And I'm a werewolf, remember? I do have extraordinary senses." He said chuckling a bit. Right. I almost forgot. He was a wolf. Dang, never thought of it really, he seemed so...normal. Too human to be considered a wolf. As long as it fools people, I guess it's a good thing.

"You have to tell me more about this whole mate thing. I'm still lost and don't know what's going on. Also, you being a werewolf." I looked up at him, I wanted to know, I needed to know.