Not over yet

I slammed on the table and jerked up, “I can’t be pregnant!” I blurted out.

Aela looked like she knew this was going to happen, “You should be happy! And I’m sure you knew it was going to happen sometime.”

I looked at her as if she was crazy, “I’m turning eighteen this weekend! Eighteen!”

Aela took a sip of her tea and gently placed it back on the table, “You’re very sensitive right now, that’s why you had those random outbursts of rage. And those smoky paths? When werewolves are pregnant, their senses enhance to a higher level, allowing them to smell, hear, feel, and ear on a new level.”

I sat back down still shocked, “I can’t believe this, I’m not ready for this Aela!”

She took my hand and gave me a reassuring look, “That book will answer all of your questions, but I know you’ll have more. Becoming a mother, especially a werewolf mother is the hardest job on the planet. I’m not saying this to scare you, but to make you face reality. Read the book, and discuss it with Allen.”

My eyes shot open, “How in the world am I supposed to tell Allen this?!”

Aela chuckled, which made me slightly irritated, “Just tell him! Lyla, you have no idea how great this is. Tell Allen, he might be surprised, but the baby will bring you two closer, making a family.”

I held my head in my hands, “I can’t do this Aela. I’m turning eighteen in a few days! I’m far from being ready, this might be the hardest thing I might ever do.”

Aela stood up and looked at the widow before looking down at me again, “Who told you it would be easy? No one’s ready, ask every single Luna, they had it hard; real hard.”

I groaned, “Because that sounds comforting.”

She chuckled, “You better go on now, your mate is waiting!”

The fact that she was “happy” about this still irritated me, “Gosh Aela, I don’t think I can do this.”

She rolled her eyes and pushed me out the door, “Trust me, this is the best news you’ll have in your life, and if you think I’m lying, so see Velatura. She’s a herbalist, and she will tell you if you’re pregnant or not.”

I turned around and whined, “What if Allen-”

She immediately cut me off, “Hush! Go to Allen and tell him the news, oh I forgot; congratulations!”

She closed her doors and left me there staring at the book.

“What did you two talk about?!” Fay shouted from across the hallway. She was holding a red velvet cupcake in her hand.