Marry me?

***Allen’s POV***

As Lyla was eating her cupcake, I quickly reached into my suit and took out a small ring box.

I walked up and got on one knee, “Lyla? Will you marry me? Truthfully, I could talk about you all day and night and I’d still have a million more things to say. But too many words become meaningless, so I’ll just leave it at you’re the most wonderful person I’ve ever met. Since day one, since we were kids, and I can’t imagine not having you in my life.”

Her beautiful eyes got wider. I looked into her eyes as hers met mine.

“Y-yes!” At this point, tears were pouring down her red cheeks.

My throat got swollen as I fought back my tears, and with shaky hands, I gently slid the ring on her ring finger.

She looked up at me and smiled. Her smile… her smile brings a smile to my lips. And knowing that I’m the one who caused it, makes me even happier.

We looked into each other’s eyes, just looking into eachothers hearts. I held her closer as we leaned in for the kiss. There’s a moment between the glance and the kiss. Where the world just stops for a brief moment. And the only thing between us is the anticipation, of your lips on mine. A moment so intense, it hangs in the air. As it pulls us closer, a moment so perfect, that when it comes to an end, we realize; it’s only just beginning.

***Lyla’s POV***

After getting lost into his eyes, we kissed. The force and love I felt as his lips pressed against mine was magical. I never asked for a perfect relationship, and I know we don’t have one. But that doesn't matter because he makes me feel like I matter. We don’t try to be the perfect couple, but he makes me feel like I am in one. When he asked me to marry him, I felt my heart exploding. The adrenaline running through my veins was indescribable. I looked into his eyes after our kiss and felt my heart beating faster. It’s the best feeling in the world when you look into his eyes and realize he’s been already staring. He’s been looking at me since I was five. And it took me thirteen years to realize that.

“Remember the first day we met?” He asked with his soft voice,

“Mhm, it was the first day in pre-school. You were the new kid.” I smiled, memories flowing through my mind.

***Lyla’s Past***

“Listen up everyone, we have a very special person here today!” Mrs. Rosey said enthusiastically.

Everyone stopped coloring and looked up at her. I was the only one still coloring, not really caring at all.

“Class, this is Allen; he’s going to be in our class. Say hello Allen, and don’t be shy.”

I glanced up and saw a boy with almost white hair behind her.