Turned

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I felt great to be honest, and I never wake up feeling this great. I slowly pulled myself up into a sitting position as I glanced around the room.

“Huh?” I looked around, and I could swear my eyesight got way better.

I slowly got out of the bed and made my way out the door. As I walked down the stairs cautiously, I smelled something odd. I sniffed the air and realized the scent was of flowers. My eyes widened as I realized this was Faylinn’s house. Wait, my senses definitely enhanced over the night...Was I possibly a werewolf? I dashed to two huge wooden doors and yanked on them. A gleam of light hurt my eyes as I squinted, allowing my eyes to adjust. Kodak, Aela, Faylinn, Cashmere and Allen were standing around arguing. All of them quickly looked my way and stopped talking. My eyes adjusted to the bright room and noticed their shocked expressions.

“Um, mind if I asked what happened to me?” I asked tilting my head. I could smell each and everyone of them distinctively.

They were staring at me in awe. Why are they looking at me like that?

Faylinn was the first one to run up to me and embrace me, “Lyla! Oh my gosh you lived!”

Lived?

Allen came over and put his hands on my shoulders, “You feeling ok?” He checked me as if I were a little kid.

“Mhm, I just; I’m feeling great to be honest. My twisted ankle surprisingly healed over the night and my senses are enhanced tremendously.” I looked up at Allen and stared at him myself in awe.

Allen smiled and hugged me, “Thank god you’re ok.”

I gently pulled back, “Why is everyone so surprised to see me?”

Faylinn grabbed my hand and took me to a mirror. My eyes flew open, astonished of what I was seeing in the mirror in front of me. I looked, different. My hair definitely got longer and healthier. My skin was flawless and my eyes sparkled in the sun. Was I actually a werewolf?

Kodak and Aela finally spoke up, “Allen turned you, safely. After you were bit, you fell unconscious for days.”

Days?! I was on that bed for days?!

They continued, “We know that some humans don’t make it through the transformation. It affects your body exceedingly. After the third day, we thought you were gonna, die.”

How come I never knew this risk? Allen never told me about the consequences that follow afterwards. Dang, I’m such an idiot.

I just blinked, “Um, so you’re saying that I’m a werewolf now? For sure?”

Aela chuckled, her eyes lit up as she looked right into my eyes, “Yes Lyla. You are one of us now. Allen became an Alpha and you’re a Luna now, I hope you understand what that means.”