Part-8

Episode-8

Swara's hands splayed out on Sameer's chest in an attempt to stay upright. He gripped her biceps & held her out in front of him. The music, loud & gritty reverberated through her chest. Sameer recovered in an instant and dragged her over to the side of the bar. From the corner of her eye, she saw Sanskar return from the office looking preoccupied. He went straight to the cash register & slapped some money into the big black-haired guy's hand.

Sameer squeezed her arms in a demand for attention.

Hazy from Sanskar's kisses & all the liquor, it took a moment for her eyes to focus in on his scowl. Every hair on his head was sleeked into place. He wasn't nearly as handsome as she remembered😜😂.Compared to Sanskar's edgy-bad boy chic, Sameer's smarmy smirk, button-down white shirt,& khaki pants seemed fastidious & dull. Or maybe he had always been that way & she had been too dazzled by his pedigree & bank statement to notice.

Sameer- Are u alright? What were u doing back there with that guy? You were gone forever.

Swara- Let go of me.

She tried to step back, but his iron grip kept her frozen in place.

Swara- I have nothing more to say to u, Sameer.

It was true; she'd already said everything she had to say the night of The Breakup, the night that she'd found him screwing the brains out of her friend. The realization brought a bit of peace to her disgruntled soul, but righteous indignation still smoldered beneath the surface.

Sameer- You're screwing him, aren't u? That bartender guy?

He jerked his head towards Sanskar.

Sameer- What's going on with u two?

Swara- What do u care?

She yanked her arms out of his grip & swayed on the heels of her stilettos.

Swara- U gave up the right the moment u screwed my best friend.

Sameer- You're not this type, Swara.

The insult behind his statement cut to the quick, & she had to bite her lip to hold back the angry, hurtful words.

He assumed that she wasn't good enough for Sanskar or-her gut twisted with realization-for him. She wanted to hurt him, to make him feel the way she felt but hesitated. Anything she said would only make her sound weak or bitchy.

Swara- Look, I'm trying to be an adult about this whole thing. You're sleeping with my best friend. I accept that & I'm moving on. I think we should just walk away b4 one of us says something that we'll both regret.

With the euphoria of Sanskar's kisses still clinging about her, it was a bit easier to take the high road than she'd imagined.

Sameer- Must have been a pity f*ck.

Sameer muttered as she pushed past him.

How's the Episode?😀

#Monica