Part-12

A quick glance at his watch showed that the air conditioning technician was 3 hrs late. He needed the system repair today. If the guy didn't show up soon, he's be forced to pay the after-hours rate, a thought that made his account cringe. Record breaking temperature seared the city. The wave of heat undulated above the pavement outside & the air seemed thick with humidity. The century old brick walls of the building acted like an oven, collecting & storing heat. On the positive side, it was only Wednesday. That gave him a little time to get repairs made, but the window of opportunity narrowed with the passage of each hour. Once the cooling system was up & running, it would take hours for palace to cool down again.

In a stroke of luck, he would be able to book an up & coming popular local band, The Smoking B*t*holes, on Friday night & anticipated a full house. This could be the shot in the arm his bank account needed. Still, the idea of 200 sweating drunken bodies crammed into a building without air conditioning sounded like cruel & unusual punishment. It was a well known fact that excessive heat led to shorter tempers & increased browlings. The rising tension b/w the bikers & metal heads were already a real threat, a situation which didn't need any encouragement.

The buzer at the back door cut through the silence like a air horn, startling him, the obnoxious sound splitting his skull like an axe. That had to be the technician; he wasn't expecting anymore deliveries for the day. Relief was short lived as the buzzer rang again, jolting every nerve in his body. One hand gripping his temples as he climbed over the remaining beer cases scattered in the hallway.

He swung open the heavy steel security door & came face to face with his worst nightmare-- Kamini (Imagine her as Karishma Tanna). Warning bells joined the pounding blood in his temples as she brushed past him in a cloud of perfume that rolled his stomach. He'd been avoiding her for weeks, knowing with 100% certainly that it was only a matter of time b4 she found him & began to systematically destroy his life.

To be continued...😃😃😄😄

As you all know I really love to end the episode with a suspense😆😆😆😆😆😉😉😉😉

So how's the episode?😀
Vote & comment😊