Part-9

Episode-9

Rage & humiliation flooded through her. Her fingers clenched into fists with the desire to slap him hard across the mouth.

Why did he always have to go there-to make her feel as if she was never good enough?

Taking a deep breath she drew herself up to her full 5 feet 6 inches & turned to stare him straight in the eyes.

Swara-That was low, Sameer.

Her voice was cold & even, edged with steel while her insides quivered with hurt.

Swara- You've already humiliated and embarrassed me by screwing my best friend. You don't have to be an ass about it.

His hazel eyes softened & he stepped back.

Sameer- You're right. I'm sorry. I only wanted to say hello & make sure you are okay.

He waved a hand helplessly.

Sameer- I didn't know it would hurt so much to see u with someone else.

Swara- Take that feeling, multiply it by a thousand, & u might come somewhere close to how it felt to walk in on u with Avni.

The words hung on the air between them as she took another step away from him.

He seemed like an stranger, like some distant acquaintance. The connection b/w them had dissolved; there was no pulse of attraction, no empathy, no desire. The realization saddened her. It really was over. She felt nothing for him.

She might have lost all feelings for Sameer, but the tingle of gooseflesh along her arms told her that Sanskar was at her elbow. He loomed over her shoulder like an archangel. A glance at his face showed it dark and inscrutable but his eyes snapped with vitality. Their energy renewed her flagging spirit.

Sanskar- Everything alright over here?

His deep voice rumbled with quiet authority.

Sanskar- Is he bothering u, Shona?

Swara- It's okay. He was just leaving.😊

She smiled in reassurance, took a step backward & tripped headlong over the leg of a barstool.

How's the episode?

#Monica