Part-25

Swara blew out a deep sigh, still basking in the endorphins of release. It was as if the valve had been opened, releasing all the pent-up pressure she'd been holding back for so long. She risked a glance at Sanskar, to see if he'd felt it too - the connection b/w them. The handsome face gave nothing away, but his usual half smile had disappeared. A little of her euphoria slipped away. Was he disappointed? It was by far the best s*x she'd ever had, made even more spectacular by his insistence that she lock her gaze with his. Those deep dark eyes had tugged at her emotions & it had taken everything she had to shut down her feelings b4 they took her over. He would hate that...hate her...if she fell for him like all the rest. If he knew that he'd gotten to her, he'd never respect her.

Swara- I suppose we need to get back.

With concerted effort, she forced her features to mirror his expression of indifference. She reached for her blouse, but Sanskar saw her intent & snatched it up b4 she could get to it. He held it up over his head like a third grade recess playing keep away. She made a feeble grab for the blouse, but he was much too tall.

Swara- Come on. It's late & I need to go home. I have to work tomorrow.

Sanskar- Yeah, you're probably right.

His eyes glittered like black onyx, almost as if he was angry with her. He seemed oblivious to his own nakedness & unconcerned about hers. Despite the heat, she snatched the blanket from the ground & wrapped it around her shoulders.

She told herself...
You got what you wanted. No strings. No guilt. Don't be a baby about this.

She spun around in a circle, looking for her pa*ti*s. They were nowhere to be found.

Sanskar- Are we good here, Popsicle?

The look of puzzlement on his face brought a quick stab of guilt to her gut, along with relief that some emotional distance had been forced b/w them.

Sanskar- You aren't going to get weird on me, are you?

Swara- I can't find my pa*ti*s.

They were La Perla (The Pearl), her favorite pair, & expensive. She spumg in a circle, squinting in a dying daylight. After a few minutes she gave up. The man was a pa*ty magician. She found her skirt & yanked it on undercover of the blanket.

Sanskar- What happens now? We just walk away now? Like nothing happend? Is that what you want?

A muscle twitched in his cheek, but his face remained impassive. She knew what she didn't want; she didn't want this night to be over & she didn't want him to think she was pathetic groupie like all the rest.

Swara- Sure...I guess...Yes.

Was that a flicker hurt in his eyes or she or did she imagine it? With a shrug she went back to putting on her skirt, amused on her own stupidity. That was a ridiculous idea fueled by a naïve girlish fantisies.

Sanskar had an ego the size of Texas. Of course, he wasn't hurt. She was just another notch in his bedpost.

Swara- I don't think I'm capable of having feelings right now. I mean, it's only been a few weeks since Sameer. And you are so not my type. I'd be an idiot to fall for you just bcoz we had some great s*x.

The words were hollow, meaningless, but she said them anyway to fill up the empty space b/w them & bcoz that's what he wanted to hear.

Swara- This was just what I needed. A little cheap & meaningless s*x to take the edge off & set my head straight. And we both got what we wanted, right?