Part-14

Slightly Mature Content at the End☆

On the other side of town, Swara heaved a sigh at the mountain of paper work on her desk. The muscles in her neck & shoulders contracted, sending spike of pain straight into the center of her brain. The frequency & intensity of those headaches were directly propotional to the ever growing stress in her life. With a groan, she yanked open her bottom desk drawer & rummaged for the bottles of aspirin she kept there. Something had to change or her head would explode. As she washed down two caplets with a drink of bottled water, her cell phone vibrated. She didn't had to look at the called ID to know who it was on the other end of the line. Sameer had had numerous voicemails since their encounter at Felony, most of which Swara has deleted unheard. They ranged from angry to indifferent, with requests to collect his belongings from her house,meet for lunch, or concern for her general welfare. Infact, he'd called her more in the last few days than he had in the past 3 months of their relationship.

Seeking more pleasant thoughts, she chewed on the end of her pencil & stared out the window of her office with visions of Sanskar in her mind.(Yeh toh hona hi tha😉). The weekend was only few days away & she was tempted to make a return appearance at Felony but feared she'd lose another pair of pa*ti*s & maybe her self-respect in the process. There was something about that guy that she couldn't resist. The memory of his embrace sent her pulse into overdrive. Heat rushed from her chest up to neck then into her face. She fanned her cheeks with the weekly financial statements.

With her eyes closed, she could remember his scent, a mixture of soap & leather combined with a whiff of tobacco. She felt the touch of his calloused palms as they slid up her thighs & the tickle of his bearded stubble on her chin as he nibbled at her neck.

Her breath came short at the memory.

The phone rang & she jumped.

Ragini- Your lunch is here.

Ragini, the crabby middle-aged receptionist buzed in on the intercom, raspy voice tinged with irritation. She made no attempt to hide her dislike of Swara.

Swara- Huh? What luch? I didn't order lunch.

Swara disconnected the call, but Ragini rang back immediately.

Ragini- He said he's not leaving until you see him.

Ragini's voice lowered to a confidential whisper.

Ragini- I really think you're going to want to talk to this guy

Swara- Fine. Send him in.

Annoyed, Swara spun around in her chair & made a move to stand.

Swara- I've got to get a better receptionist.

The door swung open. Sanskar strode into the office, looking cool & casual in a black cotton T-shirt with the word Anarchy splashed across the chest & black jeans faded to a soft grey at the knees. Under each arm, he carried a large brown paper bag. The scent of garlic & spices wafted in with him underscored by the scent of soap & aftershave. He flashed a blinding smile at her, all full lips & wgite teeth, punctuated by dimples. She'd never seen him in the daylight except in her daydreams. To see him standing live & in the flesh in the middle of her office rendered her speechless. A vague sense of anticipation pitted deep in her belly. It was a little like finding a panther in your parlor; beautiful & dangerous with the knowledge that something might get broken.