Grandma Lane

*Diamond's Pov*

When my phone rung I knew who it was.Two things were about to happen.

1. I was about to get treated like a baby

2. I would have to explain to her where I was.

-Hello-

~Diamond....sweetie where the hell are you?~

-You heard about the situation... im at a friends house grandma-

~Ok baby girl dont let those kids ruin you they are just jealous.~

-Yeah I love you grandma-

~I love you too baby girl come home before it gets dark we have a banquet to go to this weekend and we wanna discuss some stuff with you~

-Ok bye-

We hang up and I turn to Mareoa. "Annie Lane?" he ask. I nod. "How do you know my grandma?" I ask. He smiles. "I work at the market". I get wide eyed.

"Thats awesome...my grandma wants me to get use to running the business so she is gonna make me go down their a couple days" I say. He nods. "I will be seeing you then" he says. I nod.

"How are you getting home?" he ask. "Im probably gonna call my grandfather" I say. He shakes his head no. "I cant let you do that...I will drive you" He say. I giggle "Ok".

"Mareoa dinners ready" his mom screams. He gets up and goes to the door. "You hungry?" he ask. "I plan to eat when I get home I dont wanna intrude on your dinner" I say. "My mom would want you to join..trust me" he says. I shrug and follow him downstairs.

When we walked into the kitchen the smell of Parmesan and oregano hit my nose. "Diamond please join us" she says. "Thank you Mrs.Vasquez." I say giving her a smile. She puts a plate in front of me. "It smells delicious" I say.

"Thank you..I try my best"she says. "Well Mrs.Vasquez your doing perfect Mareoa is very lucky" I say. She pauses for a second and gives me  big grin.

"Diamond you are a very sweet young lady" she says. I smile. "Thank you". For the rest of the time we ate.

When I finished I wiped my mouth and took my plate the sink. "Oh let me do that dear" Mareoa's mom says. I hand her the plate and she smiles.

"Thanks for befriending Mareoa he is a sweet kid he just needs somebody that will pay him attention besides me"she says. I smile. "No actually he befriended me Im glad he did..and I will be a good friend to him" I say. She smiles.

"I should be going now" I say. She comes over and hugs me. "Ok dear you be careful around here and come visit soon" she says. I hug her back."Thanks for dinner." I say. she waves at me and I walk into the dinning room where Mareoa  is.

"You ready to go?" he ask. "Yeah" I say. He smiles and opens the front door for me. I walk out and the night air hits me. I shiver from the cold and Mareoa looks at me. "Here" he says giving me his coat.

"Your gonna be cold" I say. "No no I will be fine" he says. We walk over to the car and he unlocks it. I hop in and he turns on the heat.  "You never told me why you dont drive" he says. I look at him. "Some day I will." He nods and takes off down the road.

*Welp I hope you guys are enjoying the story....I enjoy writing it. Well guys Keep reading and voting. FOLLOW,VOTE,COMMENT I love you guys ♡♡♥♥-XOXO-Destini