21 chapter

Regina decided to spend the night with Emma at the hospital so henry went home with his grandparents. Aiden stayed with Emma and Regina. Regina was feeding Aiden when Katherine entered the room.
"How are you feeling Emma?"
"Good..." She said not taking her eyes of her baby boy.
"You know, if you want you can breast feed him." That took Emma's attention and she looked at Katherine.
"What about the meds?"
"The meds you're taking are no harm for him. Do you want to try?" Katherine asked and Emma nodded. Regina handed Aiden to Emma and he started crying.
"Shhhhh it's okay it's mama" Emma said to him and tried to feed him but he just kept screaming. "Why is he crying?" Emma asked.
"Well he got used to be Regina the one always feeding him. He probably just needs time to get used to you." Katherine said. Emma nodded but instead of keep trying she handed the baby back to Regina.
"You don't want to try?" Regina asked with a frown and Emma shook her head.
"Maybe tomorrow I'm tired." Emma said and turned to her side. Regina sighed and fed Aiden.
"Emma?" Regina said and Emma turned to her. "Mind if I put Aiden to sleep next to you?" She asked and Emma nodded making some room for their baby. Regina lied Aiden next to Emma so they were facing each other. As soon as Aiden was in the bed his hand went to Emma's chest and she smile widely. "Goodnight my loves." Regina said and kissed both their foreheads before lying in the couch.
"Goodnight Gina." Emma said and they fell asleep. Next morning Regina woke up and smiled seeing Emma feeding their baby.
"Morning." Regina said standing next to Emma's bed.
"Hi" Emma said not taking her eyes of Aiden.
"Good morning you two.... Well three. You ready to go home?" Katherine asked entering the room.
"Yep!" Emma said excited. Emma handed Aiden to Regina and got dressed. They left the hospital and start heading to the mansion.
"When we get home we could watch a movie." Regina suggested.
"Regina..."
"What's going on?"
"We need to talk." Emma said and Regina heart stopped.
"A-about what?"
"Everything." Emma simply said and they stayed quiet the rest of their way home. Regina parked the car and they entered the mansion. Regina was holding Aiden.
"I'm just going to put him in his bed." Regina said and Emma nodded. When Regina got back downstairs Emma was sitting on the couch with her head on her hands. "Emma..." Regina said getting closer to Emma. And emma sigh.
"I need some time." Emma said.
"W-what?" Regina said and Emma looked up at her, tears in her eyes.
"I need time Regina, I need space."
"Emma... Don't... Please" Regina said and she start crying herself. Regina sat next to Emma and tried to get closer to her but Emma stood up from the couch. "Em... I love you."
"I need time to think"
"Think about Emma?!"
"About me! About you! About... Us"
"Us? What is there to think, Emma?"
"Oh come on, Regina! You can't really expect for things to go back the way they were, are you?"
"They were when?" Regina asked getting up and walking towards Emma. Emma stayed silent. "When?!" Regina yelled.
"When you didn't had doubts about being with me!" Emma yelled back and Regina froze.
"W-what? What do you mean?"
"Don't play dumb, Regina. I heard you talk with Katherine!"
"What talk?" Regina asked.
"Maybe the one when you talked about Katherine keeping Henry for the night so we could be together? Or maybe was the one when she asked us to keep her cat? Oh no, it was the one when she asked you if you regretted being with me and you said you didn't know!". Emma yelled and Regina didn't know what to say.
" Em... I-" Regina started but Emma cut her of.
"I told you I need some time, I'm going to rent an apartment for that time."
"Is this about Daniel? Because I dont love him anymore Emma!"
"Then why are you still married to him!?"
"I'm getting the divorce Emma! Is just taking longer that I had expected."
"Oh please, Regina! You're the mayor! If you really wanted you would be divorced in less than 2 hours!" Emma yelled and before Regina could say something she continued."I'm going to look for a place today, can you watch Aiden while I do that?" Emma asked not looking at Regina.
"What about Aiden? Are you going to leave him?" Regina asked, Emma sighed and looked away. "You're going to take him..." Regina whispered.
"I'm not... Taking him, but is best for him to stay with me, at least the first times because of the food."
"O-okay... I'm not going to keep you here against your will, but I don't want you to go."
"I know, and for that I'm grateful. I'll be back at lunch to feed Aiden okay?" Emma asked and Regina nodded. Emma grabbed her car keys and as soon as she left the mansion Regina start sobbing. Emma wasn't that good herself. She sat in her car for a moment and then drove of. Asking Regina for some time was one of the hardest thinks she had ever made but she was sure it was the right thing to do. She spent the rest of her morning seeing apartments and she decided for one with two rooms (each one with a bathroom), a kitchen and a living room. She went back to the mansion and Regina was in their bedroom with Aiden on the bed next to her.
"Hey" she said walking in the room.
"Hi..." Regina said sadly. Emma sigh and start packing her things. "You don't need to take everything, you can just take the things you need on a regular basis."
"I know, I'm not taking everything"
"Did you got an apartment?"
"I did.."
"Is it comfortable? Is it in a good part of town? Do -"
"Regina. Don't worry, I got a good apartment." Emma said and Regina nodded. Emma finished packing her things and walked over to Aiden's room. She packed his things and took them to her car.
"You're not taking his crib?" Regina asked.
"Im not planning on moving forever. And even if I do, this will keep being his house and you'll keep being his mom." Emma said with a smile. "I'm going to my parents and I'm going to pick the crib that used to be mine and he'll use that" Emma finished and Regina nodded.
"Emma, are you sure?"
"I am, Regina. I need this." Emma said. Emma left and picked the crib from him parents, explaining the situation briefly. She put the crib together at her new apartment and ,also she put a bed she bought earlier, together for her. When she was done it was already night so she headed to Regina's. Thankfully she had left some milk over at Regina's so she could feed the baby while she was away. She got in the mansion and found Regina sleeping on the couch with Henry and Aiden by her side. She smile at the sight, her family was there but right now she didn't feel home there and she wanted to feel good when she was with them again. They had hurt her and she needed time to heal. She picked up Henry and took him to his room, tucking him in and kissing him goodnight. Then she picked up Aiden and put him on the little bed they had in the living room. And then she picked up Regina bridal style and took her to the bedroom. She lied Regina the bed and kissed her forehead. As she was about to leave the room Regina called her.
"Hey."
"What time is it?" Regina asked.
"It's late. I was just heading out." Emma said.
"I'm going with you downstairs."
"No need, just sleep."
"I want to say goodbye to him" Regina said looking down.
"Oh... Okay then, come on." They left the room and walked downstairs. Emma picked Aiden up and Regina kissed his cheek.
"Goodnight, little prince. I love you." She said and sigh. Emma turned to leave but Regina stopped her. "Can I have a kiss?" Regina asked hopefully. Emma looked at Regina eyes and nodded. She leaned in and kissed Regina softly in the lips.
"Goodnight" Emma said.
"Goodnight, Emma. I love you" she said and looked at Emma, who only nodded. Emma left the mansion and went to her apartment, sad for leaving Regina and Henry in the mansion.