Chapter 6

My Best friend is a Jerk

“He’s staring at you again” Amy muttered into the air as she took another bite out of her sandwich.

“I don’t care” I retorted. I look across the lunch hall from the corner of my eyes. She was right; he was staring so intently I was starting to feel his eyes burning into my skin. He wasn’t even paying attention to Britney who was chatting clinging onto his arm and chatting away.

“So how long are you going to plan on not talking to him? It’s been like two freaking days and I’m seriously starting to miss our old table.”

“What’s wrong with this table?” We weren’t next to any trash cans or doors and we had it to ourselves. I couldn’t seem to find any problems

“We were right in the centre of the room; we could see everything and everyone.”

I chuckled “Is that it?”

“And everyone could see how great our outfits looked”

I laughed harder “You’re so vain”

She rolled her eyes playfully and took another bite of sandwich “I don’t get it though” she covered her mouth making sure no food comes out

“What?”

“Why you’re angry with Matt”

“Are you defending him?” a small smile on my face

She choked on some of her food and chugged down her soda “Hell no, I despise him so much. But you’re so sad and I know you miss him. I just want you guys to make up”

“I’m not sad, and not once have I ever told you I miss him”

She scoffed looking at me up and down “Please. You’re so distant now always lost in your thoughts. And you’re always sighing. It’s like walking with an emo”

I slapped her arm “What is wrong with you?”

“No what is wrong with you?” she raised her eyebrows expectantly at me, as if she was waiting to hear a specific answer.

“W-What do you mean?”

“Are you sure it’s anger you’re feeling? Are you really sure?”

I look down at the chips in my tray and I start to play with them “Of course I’m angry” I mumble “I mean look, he’s 17 and he’s got a girl pregnant”

“Mm hmm”

“And not just any girl. Britney” I shuddered internally

“Mm hmm”

“And Matt is-“I sigh “I don’t know what else to say”