Chapter 8: Duchess at a Ball

~Grell's POV~

I knew that damn hell hound would have warned Bassy and the little brat that I was there.
Luckily, Bassy didn't see me as I was running away. Or he did see me, but didn't care cause I dropped off the girl...
I wish I could have kept her...
No, no, Grell. Stop thinking like that!I'm sure she has an interesting someone else... But what if she doesn't..??
I walk around town to calm down I  guess. I dont have much better to do.
As I walk, I notice may girls freaking out, almost like a fanatic. Why are girls so excited...? A man walked up to me, holding a stack of papers and he held out out to me.
"Good afternoon, sir! Have you heard of the ball happening at the Phantomhive Manor?" The man is smiling kindly, so I take the paper and look at it.
"No, I haven't...! When was this announced..?" I asked curiously.
"Just a few hours ago! Have a great day to you, sir!" The man says, walking away happily.
What got up his ass to make him so happy? Heh... Oh well...
I continue to look at the paper. A ball, huh? Ooh, is my duchess going to be there?! Well duh, she LIVES there for now.
I bet she'll be so pretty.. I should go there....
WHAT IF A MAN TRIED TO TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME???
I'm going to that ball if it's the last thing I do!!
I immediately look for the time on the paper. The ball starts at 16:00... Alright. I will make my duchess, mine.

-Time Skip-

I walk to the Phantomhive Manor, all dressed up properly for the ball. But they won't let me in from the front door.... I should find another way to get in...
I think of a way as I walk to the manor. I could get through from a window, or maybe the backdoor..? No, not the back door, that damn hell hound will spot me again.
Alright, I mush search for a window on the sides of the manor. This is going to be pretty difficult....
I can see the Phantomhive Manor ahead. Many carriages in front of the manor. I guess some guests wanted to be there early too?
I look for a way to sneak to the sides of the manor without being seen by anyone. Or maybe I could sneak there while everyone is occupied. Yeah, good idea... I look to see the young brat and Bassy in front of the manor, properly greeting guests. This is gonna be interesting.
Do this for her, Grell.
When Bassy and the brat are looking away, I immediately dashes to the sides, hiding behind some of the big hedges they have around the manor. I continue to do this until I'm out of sight. It was a lot easier than I thought...!
I look on the side of the manor and I see a nice sized window for me to get in. Hopefully no one is in that room.
I quietly walk over to the window and start to think if someone IS in that room... What will I do? If I get caught, I'll probably be doomed.... Well, time to take a risk.
I peek into the room quietly.
I saw a girl standing there in a fancy dress. I look at the face and I notice it's my princess! She's putting a small kitten that's sleeping on the bed. Does the brat know about that? I look around the room and search for a way to get in once my duchess leaves the room. I plan to open the window as quiet as I can, try to get in, and seek to the dancing room as fast and quiet as possib-
I hear the window open.
"Grell?? What the hell are you doing here???"
"...!! Shhh!! I don't want anyone to know I'm here...!" I whisper, trying to stay quiet.
I see her immediately try to leave. But I grab her wrist.
"Don't make me tell the young lord about the kitten." I smirk, knowing that I will get my way. Her eyes widen as I say that. The walks back over to the window.
"What do you want Grell.... Don't you have anything better to do....?"
"No, not really, and.. I just want to dance with you once, is that too much to ask? I actually like to spend time with you. That rarely happens with ANYONE... Please...? Maybe one dance..? If you dance with me at least once, I'll keep my mouth shut about your kitten. Fair deal?"
Her face is emotionless. "Fine. Want me to help you in while you're at it....?"
"Yes, please, darling."
She takes me hand and just pulls, jerking me into the house, making me trip over the wall. I land face first on the ground.
I can hear her giggle. "That's What You get for kidnapping me."
I look up and she gasps. "Oh gosh, you have a nosebleed...! I'm sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen!!" She hands me a handkerchief and helps me stand up. She checks if I'm okay.
Wow, she suddenly cares about me? Well damn, that's new.
"Okay... Good.. You don't have any blood on your outfit. I'm sorry, Grell.. I guess I owe you a dance now..." She says, looking down.
"Mhm. But, it's fine. I don't care if I'm hurt. Thanks for 'helping' me. Heheh." I say with a little grin.
She blushes a little and sighs. "Once your nosebleed stops, we can go dance..."