Chapter 9: Why Not?

~Your POV~

I sat in my room, wait for Grell's nosebleed to stop. Lily walked over to Grell and meowed at him quietly. Grell looks looks at her slightly, trying to keep his head up from the nosebleed.
"Hm.... Where did you get her anyway, darling?" Grell muttered slightly, trying to talk as little as possible.
"From my parents... She was a surprise gift to me.."
I miss my parents.... It feels like it's been forever since I last saw them....
"

Oh, darling, please don't cry...!!" I hear Grell say, a bit frightened and flustered. What...? I'm not cr-...
I feel something warm fall down my cheek. And I noticed that my lip was quivering....
I really was crying.... Oh....
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you in any way...!!"
"Grell, don't worry about it... I'm fine."
He cowers down slightly, feeling guilty. I wipe my tears away and I calm down.
Once Grell's nosebleed stopped, I helped him clean the dry blood off his face. It seemed to have gotten on his lips and chin. I'm surprised that it lasted for that long...!
"So, ready to dance, my lady?" Grell said calmly as he held his arm out to me.
"Of course, my good sir." I say, smiling a little. Grell leads me out of the room and sneaks us to the main room where the ball is held. There were many guests and they were all dressed nicely. There was quiet ball music playing. And, I didn't see Sebastian or Ciel in sight. I'm sure they must be busy talking with someone important. Since no one was paying attention, Grell took me to the dance floor.
"Do you know how to dance properly?" Grell asked as he took my hand and placed his other hand on my back gently. The touch of his fingertips made me shiver and gave me goosebumps.
"U-Uh, yes...!" I mutter as I smile nervously. I could hear another song start to play, but it was very slow, the romantic type of slow... I could see Grell smirk slightly as he began to lead the dance. I followed his steps, perfectly in sync. I grip his hand and lightly grasp his shoulder to make sure he stays close to me. I don't want to lose him in the crowd of dancing people.
I look up at Grell and he was smiling down at me. He looks so gentle and caring, it was almost heart-warming...!
"Having fun, darling?" Grell asked quietly so he wouldn't disturb anyone in the moment with their partner.
"Y-Yes...!" I smile back at him. I could feel my face heat up a little.
"Heheh, I can tell. You're blushing. It looks cute on you, dear."
"D-Don't point it out...!!" I mutter, probably blushing more than before. I sigh a bit and rest my head on his chest so I can hide my blush. I could hear his calming heartbeat more than the music. "Hey, Grell...? I have a small question for you..."
"Ask away, dear..." He said with a gentle tone. I could feel him pull me closer.
"Why do you like me...? I obviously know you do..."
"Hm... Well...." He stops dancing and makes me look at him. "From what I can tell, you have a good soul.. You're beautiful and intelligent... You seem so perfect."
I just look at him in awe. His smile was so genuine... I can see his sharp teeth as he smiles.

I suddenly felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I look over my shoulder​ to see who it was.
"

Miss (Y/N), what are you doing? Why are you dancing with Grell?" Sebastian asked firmly as he glared at Grell.
"O-Oh, hello, Bassy...! Nice t-to see you again...!" The reaper said nervously to the butler.
"I was simply dancing with him, Sebastian. No harm done." I talk with confidence so I can defend Grell. Sebastian looks at me strictly.
"How did he get in, Miss?"
I could feel Grell tense up from nervousness. "I let him in." I say firmly.
"Ugh....." Sebastian sighs with stress in his tone.
"What's the pr- Oh... The reaper is here. Lovely...." Ciel says with sarcasm as he walks over, standing next to his butler.
Grell continues to hold me close. I notice that the whole crown of dancing people turned into a circle surrounding the drama in the center, known as us.... I could feel so many eyes on us. I began to feel light-headed from the pressure.
"Miss, I'm going to have to ask Grell to leave." Ciel said as he walks closer.
"No! He isn't doing anything wrong! Leave him alone!" I protested, starting to feel teary-eyed. I could tell that Grell was beginning to feel a bit awkward due to all the people staring at us.
Ciel began another protest, "Lady (Y/N), please understand. Grell isn't supposed to be he-"
"Stop!! I'll leave if you're forcing him to. This is unfair. He is with me. He is MY guest, got it?" I yell towards Ciel. Sebastian was wide eyed from the way i spoke to the​ young lord. Ciel was speechless as well, and so was the whole crowd. You could hear a pin drop. The three servants stand behind the young lord and the butler.
"Y-Young master, if I may intrude," Mey-Rin said with a polite curtsy, "Let the young lady have her fun for tonight! It wouldn't kill anyone...!
"Mey-Rin is correct, young master...!" Finny added in. Bard just nodded. The toothpick Bard had in his mouth is worn down due to the stress of this event.
Ciel and Sebastian look at each other for a quick moment, nodded, then look back at us.
"Fine. We trust you, Miss (Y/N)....." Sebastian said with a low, but calm tone in his voice. Ciel just looks away, not willing to accept his defeat.
I could feel a smile on my face. I could start to hear an applause from the large crowd of people. It roared louder and louder by the second. The servants joined in as well. Once the crown died down, the music started up again, but the crown stayed in a circle. Ciel, Sebastian, and the servants backs away. Now there was only me and Grell.
"Well, (Y/N)," I look over at Grell, he bows and holds out his hand to me, "May I have this dance?" He smiles. I blush and smile back, taking his hand gently. I curtsy politely and Grell holds me close again. Grell leads me into a dance again. Tonight was a nice night. I get to have a fun for once.
I have a feeling that Grell and I have something special.