Chapter 12: Raised By Another

CHAPTER NAMED AFTER LOST 1x10

Alison's POV

The next morning I woke up at 10 am and headed straight downstairs, praying that Mary wasn't awake but just my luck, of course she was.

"Morning" she said happily

"Morning, where's Jason?"

"He left for work a couple hours ago"

"Okay, um Mary.... There's something you need to know"

"What is it sweetheart?" She wasked but I didn't say anything

"Alison? Are you okay?" She asked a little more worried.

"Oh yeah yeah, I'm fine, its about Spencer"

"Is she okay?!"

"Yeah!, she's fine, she just called last night and she.. Well she wants to talk to you"

"Omg really?!"

"Mary, don't get your hopes up, she didn't sound so happy, it wasn't like I wanna bond with her, it was more of I wanna know the truth kinda thing"

"That sounds fair, she deserves the truth"

"I just don't think she'll be very happy when you see her"

"That's okay Ali, I can deal with that"

"Do you wanna go today?"

"I think Spence would rather have her answer sooner rather than later"

"Yeah, you're right, I'll call her" I said taking a plate of the breakfast Mary was making.

We small talked while eating, then when I was done I went upstairs to call Spencer.

Toby's POV

When Spencer finally let me back into her room, she just cried in my shoulder for hours, she fell asleep at like midnight, but I couldnt sleep, I was afraid she was gonna wake up in the middle of the night scared, however I fell asleep at like 2 am anyways.

Its now 9 pm and I am awoken from my deep sleep by a phone ringing, its Spencer's but I take anyways because I didn't want it to wake her, I go outside to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Toby?" Alison says

"Alison? Hey, what's up?"

"Sorry I meant to call Spencer"

"Oh, you did! This is her phone, I just answered because she's still asleep and I didn't want the phone ringing to wake her.

"Oh, well I kinda need to talk to her"

"Well when she wakes up, I'll tell her to call you" I said walking back into the room, but I hadednt hang up yet

"Cute phone case" Spencer said when I walked in, I just chuckled and said

"You know what Alison, she just woke up, here" I said handing the phone to Spencer

"Hey Ali"

"Oh"

"Yeah, yeah, of course, thank you"

"Aha I'll see you later, then"

"Bye"

I could only hear Spencer's half of the conversation but what I heard was enough to scare me.

Then Spencer hang up, and looked down "Spence is everything okay? What did she tell you?!"

"Oh its um no big deal, its just um"