Chapter 16: Children Of The Damned

EPISODE NAMED AFTER THE VAMPIRE DIARIES 1x13

THE NEXT MORNING

Alison's POV

Spencer and I agreed that she, Mary and me will have brunch together today so they can talk, so Mary can tell her story, its 9:56 and we're meeting at 11:00, so I started taking my shower, showering is pretty hard when you're pregnant so by time I was done Mary was yelling at me that we were late.

By the time we got there, and by got there I mean walk like 10 steps to Spencer's barn , she opened the door for as and told us to sit down, she had this amazing meal prepared and the table was all set up and stuff.

The food was delicious too or maybe I'm just too pregnant.

"Mary" Spencer said and we both turned to look at her

"Yes?" Mary said nervously

"I- umm.." Spencer said just as nervous, I know she wanted to know but she was afraid to ask

"Spencer wants to hear your story" I said and then Spencer nodded

"Of course but just so you know, you may not like it"

"I understand that"

"Well to make short, one time I got out of radley and a moth later, I went to a bar, I met that guy there, his nam-"

"My dad?" Spencer asked slowly

"Yes, he's your fat- your birth father, his name is Alexander Starling, he was a cop, I don't know if he still is" Mary said and Spencer and I chuckled a bit.

"What is it?" Mary asked worried

"My boyfriend's a cop" Spencer said

"Oh" Mary said laughing a little herself.

"I'm sorry, get on with the story" Spencer said

"Well we met in that bar and we fell in love, a while later, I was pregnant with you and we were living together"

"Hold on, you weren't planing on giving me up?"

"No, sweetie, we wanted to keep you, Al- your dad's apartment was really big, we even made you a nursery there" Mary said smiling, but I knew soon enough that was gonna turn to tears.

"When I was about 7 months pregnant, Jessica found out and she wasn't happy, she didn't like how we always got pregnant at the same time and she called Radley said I was using drugs while pregnant and they forced me back in there, they said I could leave as soon as the baby was born, so Alex and I waited for 2 months while I was in radley, then April 11 happened" Mary said kinda sad and I recognized the date as Spencer's birthday.

"When you were born, I was in a lot of pain, so they had to sedate me during labor, by the time I woke up you were gone, Jessica told the doctors that we were gonna give you up" Mary said and a few tears fell down her cheeks, Spencer got up and sat on the chair right next Mary's and held her hand.

"I'm sorry" she said

"Its not your fault, I'm the one who's sorry, we called every adoption agency in the state but none of them knew anything, there was no way of finding you, you weren't anywhere, the lawyer told us you were most likely adopted at birth, that helped me a little but knowing you were being raised by strangers when your parents wanted you so much broke my heart" Mary said now crying

"Its okay, I'm fine, my parents were okay, everything is fine" Spencer said slowly and then she..... Omg did she just hugged Mary?!

After they broke apart, Mary just said "6 months later and still nothing, I fell into a depression so I was forced back in radley, Alex helped me through it all until his job forced him to relocate somewhere far away, he came to visit me all the time but he eventually found someone else and I told him he didn't have to keep coming, he insisted he should but I didn't wanna be a burden on him, after he left that night, I never saw him again" Mary said and she started crying again.