•THE VISIT•

The knock on her hotel door made her snap her head up in surprise from her spot on the bed

The knock on her hotel door made her snap her head up in surprise from her spot on the bed. She was exhausted from filming that day, and it was especially difficult because she had just learned that her grandfather's cancer was getting worse, and it made her very depressed. Everyone recognized the times when she was depressed, so they always gave her some space and privacy.

Her dog Tolouse at her side, she opened the door, expecting her mother.

It was Chris.

Any other time she would've slammed the door and gone to sleep, but this time she just needed a person to talk to. And Chris was a person.

"Hey, Levi," he said. "I heard you were a little upset, so I brought you a Hershey bar. Rocky says you love them."

Levi let out a shriek that sounded like a dying squirrel and snatched the candy bar from Chris before running and flopping down on the bed, rapidly tearing up the wrapping.

Chris smiled at the sudden childishness. He thought it was really cute for her to get so excited about a bar of chocolate. He pulled up a chair and sat next to her.

"I heard about your grandfather," he said. "I'm sorry. I can't even imagine how hard it is."

Levi glanced at him and said through a mouthful of chocolate, "Yea, it's so hard seeing him like that. He's sick, but he refuses to sit in his bed all day. He wants to get up and cook breakfast and everything, but he can't—" She broke off another section and shoved it into her mouth to disguise her tears.

But Chris did see, and he felt so bad for it. Seeing someone as mature and tough as Levi suddenly break down like that was always a hard thing to watch.

Chris cautiously sat down beside her and put his arm on her back, rubbing his hand up and down her small spine in an effort to comfort her. She suddenly broke down crying and buried her face in Chris's shirt, giving him a momentary jolt before he wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her gently.

"I sorry," was all he could say; there was no other option in that situation. Levi just fiddled with Chris's shirt as she continued to cry, comforted by the warm gesture.

"I know was a big jerk to you in middle school," Chris said. "But I just want you to know that I'm always here for you if you need me."

"Thanks, Chris."

"Anytime." He suddenly seized her by her waist and began to fiercely rub her head, causing her to giggle and squirm.

"Stop!" she said. "What the fuck are you doing?!"

"I'm not doing anything."

"Chris, I swear to God I will fucking shank you!"

"You'll what?" He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, then ran around the room while Levi laughed hysterically.

"Chris, put me down!" Levi shouted, pounding her fists on Chris's back.

"What did you say?" Chris said as he paraded throughout the hotel room.

"PUT ME DOWN YOU FUCKING BEARDED GOOFBALL!!"

Chris laughed at the insult and put Levi down, but then dropped down with her and buried his face in her neck, blowing raspberries against her skin.

"Chris, stop acting like a five year old and let me go already!" Levi said

So Chris let her go and sat back on the balls of his feet, and Levi rose up and crossed her arms over her knees to glare at him.

"What?" he asked.

"Did you have to carry me like a fucking sack of potatoes?" she asked in a flat tone, but with a smile to show she wasn't that angry.

"You're light enough," Chris replied. "And carrying you any other way doesn't seem right to me."

"You are the definition of adorably stupid," Levi said.

"And you are the definition of devilishly sweet."

Levi shook her head and stared at Chris for a second. That's when her phone vibrated loudly from its spot on the floor. She sighed as she glanced at the screen.

"That's my cue to leave," Levi said. "Playtime's over."

"Okay," Chris said. He had to admit: he was a little bit disappointed that Levi had to leave, but she had to work. "You want me to drive you there?"

"Would you mind?" She blushed. "I don't really trust Bri as a driver."

"I don't mind at all."

๏๏๏๏๏

Once they were at the studio, Levi gave Chris a warm hug. "You're a moron," she whispered. "But thanks."

"You're welcome," he said. "See you around."

"Bye."

Levi started to get out of the car, but stopped and gave Chris a quick kiss on the cheek. Then she waved and ran into the building.

Chris was very surprised by the gesture. But he knew it was just a friendly one.