•I'LL BE MISSING YOU•

LEVI PLANNED TO CALL CHRIS, but she was too heartbroken to even pick up her phone

So Chris came over himself.

Levi immediately ran into his arms and hugged him tightly. She was surprised she wasn't sobbing hysterically; usually she was very emotional about things like this.

"I'm gonna miss you so so fucking much that I actually might die," she whispered.

"I know, me too." He kissed her hair and hugged her tighter. "I wish I could go with you."

She shook her head and stared up at him. "You can't, you're working." A weak smile formed on her lips when she saw he was crying. She wiped the tear away with her thumb and muttered, "You big baby."

Chris smiled back as he gently lifted her up and put her on the counter so they were eye to eye. "You are so beautiful, and I love you so much."

"I love you too." Levi reached in her pocket and took out a small, pink, old fashioned iPod nano, then pressed it into Chris's hands. "This was my first iPod. It still works, thank god. But I want you to have it, okay? I wiped a lot of the really old songs, but I kept the ones I know I still enjoy. And...." She smiled. "There's a playlist on it called 'Whenever You Feel Alone', but I don't want you to listen to it or even look at it until I'm gone. Okay?"

Chris nodded. "Okay."

Levi's phone buzzed, and her heart nearly broke again when she saw it was Scott. "I guess.... I guess it's time to go."

Chris wrapped his arms around her in one last hug. "Have fun, and be safe."

Levi nodded. "Don't do anything stupid."

Chris shook his head. "No promises."

Levi gave him a soft kiss and hopped off the counter.

"I put something in your suitcase for you," he said. "Don't open it till you get there. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't go all The Fault In Our Stars on me."

"But I know you think it's cute."

๏๏๏๏๏
chris

Chris watched as Levi walked into the tour bus, looking back at him one last time. He watched as it started up, and drove down the street. Just like that, she was gone.

He went back into the house and sat down. Pignoli trotted into the room and sniffed around for Levi. She wanted the little puppy to be with Chris while she was gone instead of Rocky, so they had each other to keep each other company.

Chris was heartbroken over the little dog's search. "Pignoli," he said, his voice breaking when Pignoli looked at him. "Mommy's..... Mommy is gonna be gone for a while."

Pignoli whined sadly and jumped on the couch next to him. Chris rubbed Pignoli's little ears before he took out the iPod and hooked it up to the stereo. The playlist Levi had made was the original version of Dangerous Woman, and there were extra songs on it that only he had. He played the first song, and he sat down to listen.

".....Oh, I don't have you here with me
But at least I have the memory
I tried to make it through the night
But I can't control my mind

I'm just thinking bout you
I'm thinking bout you
I'm thinking bout you....."

He smiled, tears falling down his face as he listened to his girlfriend's voice, and he hoped she loved his gift as much as he loved hers.

๏๏๏๏๏
levi— ғɪʀs ᴄɪᴛʏ: ᴘʜᴏᴇɴɪx, ᴀʀɪᴢᴏɴᴀ

"Hey, Levi, you all unpacked?" Victoria asked.

Levi shook her head. She'd asked one of her closest friends Victoria Monét to come on tour with her, so everyone could finally hear "Better Days". But Levi knew that with her family and friends back in the U.S., she'd need someone from home to be with her.

"Last one." She unzipped her suitcase and took out a small gift box wrapped in Captain America wrapping paper.

Levi smiled sadly. "It's the gift from Chris."

"Well, go on," Victoria said. "Open it."

Levi sighed. "Can I at least read the note first?"

Victoria laughed. "Sorry, I'm a jackass. Go ahead."

Levi glanced down at the small card.

I love you so much that I don't know what I'd do without you. You're my everything, Levi.
❤️, Chris

"I am actually so amazed by how much that man adores you," Victoria said.

"Mmm-hmm." Levi nodded her agreement and opened up the box. But when she saw the gift she gasped and then started crying.

"Levi? Levi, you okay?" Victoria rushed to her friend's aid. "What happened?"

"He's such a hopeless romantic," she said between sobs. "Fuck, Vic, why'd I leave?"

"What are you talking about?" Victoria asked. "I don't understand."

"Why'd I leave now? Why couldn't I have waited? Why couldn't I just have waited a damn fucking day so he could give me this himself?!"

"Levi, slow down a bit." Victoria put her hand on Levi's arm. "What's the problem? What did he get you?"

"This."