•ROLLING STONES MAGAZINE•

LEVI REYNOLDS: "BITCHES GET SHIT DONE."

••••••

••••••

It's been an amazing and exciting year for singer/actress Levi Reynolds, including the release of her newest album Dangerous Woman, which is still topping charts, along with her adorable relationship with Captain America himself Chris Evans, and a terrifying attack that left both herself and her best friend Mackenzie Bennett in the hospital for three months. But Reynolds, who just recently celebrated her 28th birthday, seems to be juggling it all just fine.

Hello, Levi! It's nice to have you here.
Yeah, hi! I'm glad to be here too. I'll admit, it's really weird, because not too long ago me and Mackie were doing an interview for Cosmopolitan Magazine. It's like dejá vü, for real.

First off, happy birthday!
Aww, thanks! I really appreciate that.

How did you celebrate?
Me, my old castmates, and a couple of my friends just hung out at Mackie's house in our pajamas and just chilled out for the night.

We've been told you brought your puppy.
Oh, yea! Pignoli, that's his name. He's just so cute and he's so attached to me that I couldn't just leave him at home by himself. But everyone loved him, and he adored all the attention.

How have you been since the assault on you and Mackenzie?
Honestly, I'm taking it better than Mackenzie is. She was really shaken up by it, and she's still trying to recover from it. Even though she's like, ten times more badass and tough than I am, she's got a lot of emotional and mental scars from that experience.

I can imagine. If you don't mind telling, what happened when you found out that she had protected you?
Actually, I do remember her being there. I swear it was the craziest thing she'd ever done. She just jumped right in front of me and just went at it. I blacked out before she did, but she was like a damn human shield. I'd never seen anything like it.

How did your family and friends take it?
Honestly, I think I was the most level-headed person in that hospital. Chris and Seb were literally about to kill whoever did it, the MCU were frantic, my friends were hysterical, my mom was in full Momma Bear mode, and my dad was shocked silent. Which, knowing him, is really scary.

How about Mackenzie?
They said she went ballistic after they put us in the ambulance. They had to sedate her because she wouldn't let go of me. I think she was scared that I'd died or something.

She must really care about you.
Yeah, more than you know.

You released your newest album, Dangerous Woman a few weeks ago, and it's already on the Billboard Top 100. What inspired you to write it, and what are your favorites?
Dangerous Woman is like a slap in the face to gender stereotypes. Like, not all women cry for hours about breakups or wait forever for their "Prince Charming" to show up. That's fucking bullshit. Women, we go out, we do stuff, we go after what we want and we don't need anyone to help us or do it for us. I wanted to show relationships from a woman's perspective—how it is, how it feels, how we see it, not how it's portrayed.
And my favorites? I'd have to say Greedy, Into You, Side To Side, and Everyday. I had the best time with those.