•DINNER DATE•

PART 4—DEEP IN YOUR LOVE, I WILL HIDE

AFTER LEVI AND MACKENZIE WERE done singing, everyone turned on the radio and listened to KIIS FM while talking

AFTER LEVI AND MACKENZIE WERE done singing, everyone turned on the radio and listened to KIIS FM while talking. But Levi went upstairs to Mackenzie's balcony and leaned over the railing, humming softly to herself as she stared at the sunset.

Chris found her after awhile, and by that point she was singing to herself. He only heard bits and pieces since she wasn't singing very loudly, but it was a song he hadn't heard before.

"That sounds like a beautiful song," he said, making her look up in surprise. "Is it new?"

"Uh—yeah," she said, blushing slightly. "My friend Victoria Monét wrote it, and she asked me to sing it with her."

"What's it called?" He leaned over the balcony next to her.

"Better Days."

"Can I hear it? I couldn't hear too well from the doorway."

"Sure." She took a deep breath and started singing again.

"Baby, there's a war right outside our window
Don't you hear the people fighting for their lives?
Baby, there's a war right outside our window
But it's gonna be alright

'Long as I got you and me
In your arms, I find my shelter
Deep in your love, I will hide
Baby, you and me stop the world when we're together
You find a way to take my mind

Hoping for better days, better days
Days where things are better
Hoping for better days, better days
Need some better days
Hoping for better days, better days
Days where things are better
Hoping for better days, better days
Need some better days

I can hear the sirens right outside our window
And I can hear the children crying while their mothers cry
I'm praying for the people right outside our window
Hoping they find peace at night

Just like you and me
In your arms, I find my shelter
Deep in your love, I will hide
Baby, you and me stop the world when we're together
You find a way to take my mind

Hoping for better days, better days
Days where things are better
Hoping for better days, better days
Need some better days
Hoping for better days, better days
Days where things are better
Hoping for better days, better days
Need some better days

So how we gonna stop the violence, stop the hurting?
Stop the hatred, stop the murders
We're all human, that's for certain
Come together, we deserve it
What kind of life will our babies have if we don't change up and make it last?
It starts right here, starts right now
We'll love and hope for...

Better days, better days
Days where things are better
Hoping for better days, better days
Need some better days
Hoping for better days, better days
Days where things are better
Hoping for better days, better days
Good ol' better days."

As she was singing, she had no idea that her friends had heard her voice and had stopped to listen. So when she finished they gathered on the back patio to listen to the rest of her conversation with Chris.

"Wow, Levi," Chris said. "That was amazing."

"Thanks," she replied. "You should hear the demo version with both of us in it. It sounds ten times better."

"I seriously doubt it," Chris said.

After a few minutes Chris took deep breath. "Hey, Levi, there's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" Levi asked.

"I don't really know what to call our relationship right now. I don't think we're friends, but I don't think we're officially dating, either. I've never said anything, I've never asked, and I always kept all my feelings to myself because I didn't want to hurt you. But every time we're together, I just feel so.... happy. You make me happy."

Levi nodded, her heart pounding in her chest as he continued to speak.

"I love you, Levi. I have been since that day at your hotel room when you went all crazy over the chocolate I brought you. I love everything about you. I love your smile and your laugh and your voice. I love how sweet you are and how much you care about people and how much you do for others. I love how you change your hairstyle sometimes and how much you love vintage things and your obsession with chocolate and that you have eight dogs. You are so funny, so talented, and you're such an amazing, beautiful—"

Chris was cut off when Levi put her finger on his mouth. "Chris, just shut up and kiss me already."

Chris smiled and pressed his lips on hers, feeling her wrap her arms around his neck. He grabbed her hips and held her close to him, and Levi jumped up and let him carry her over to the opposite wall before he pushed her against it, kissing her neck and making her shiver.

"I love you," Chris whispered as he touched his forehead against hers

"I love you, too," Levi replied.

"HEY, LOVEBIRDS!" Avan called out from below, causing Levi and Chris to look over the balcony again.

"GET A FUCKING ROOM!" Leon yelled with a grin.

"HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN THERE THIS ENTIRE FUCKING TIME?!" Levi shouted.

"ONLY AFTER YOU STARTED SINGING!!" Matt replied.

"GET A ROOM OR GET YOUR DICK UNDER CONTROL, CHRISTOPHER!" Mackenzie yelled.

"MACKIE, YOU FUCKING BITCH!!" Levi shouted.

"I KNOW, RIGHT?!"