•PUPPY PLAYDATE•

LEVI SMILED TO HERSELF AS SHE knocked on Mackenzie's door

LEVI SMILED TO HERSELF AS SHE knocked on Mackenzie's door. She was excited for two reasons. One, Pignoli was with her so he and Mackenzie's dog Lucy could play together; they'd been extremely close since the party. Two, it was the first time Levi was seeing Mackenzie since the discovery of her pregnancy earlier in the week.

When she stepped inside, she grinned at her friend's attire.

"Someone die?" Levi joked, gesturing to the loose fitting, strapless black dress with her eyes.

"Just whatever shred of my childhood I had left," Mackenzie replied.

Levi snorted in amusement. "I'd ask you to define, but I know what you mean, so forget it." She sat down on the couch beside Mackenzie, suddenly sensing her friend's nervousness. "You doing okay?" she said in a softer tone.

"Im fine," Mackenzie said. "It's still so.... surreal. I mean..." She breathed out sharply. "Fuck, Levi, I'm pregnant! How can that happen now? Now, right when I finally begin to live a normal life?"

Levi released Pignoli and let him curl up by her side. "Our lives stopped being normal the moment we got put in front of that camera," she reminded her.

"I know, but my life was never normal! You know that! Since I was born I had to put up with bullshit after bullshit until it fucked me up in so many ways, and I had to deal with it! I was in a coma for a fucking month, I've still got both physical and emotional scars, and less than six months ago we were nearly killed by the bitch who shoved me out of her fucking uterus!" Mackenzie sighed, covering her face with her hands.

"If you're afraid that it's gonna happen to you too, then you're crazier than I thought." Levi sympathetically put her hand on Mackenzie's shoulder. "That's never gonna happen because I know you. You would never let yourself turn out like Dominique. Your heart's too big for that. You're too loving for that. And I'd beat the shit out of you if you did." Levi smiled.

"I would be surprised if you didn't." Mackenzie smiled back.

"And besides, I'm like ninety-nine percent sure Alicia wants to like, adopt you anyway, and she's a fucking amazing human being, so she'd be a perfect mom in that respect."

"You're psychotic," Mackie said. "Like she'd ever actually, legally do that."

"She might," Levi said. "She really likes you."

"Okay, fine," Mackenzie said. "Whatever."

Levi sighed, rubbing her puppy's head and ears until he seemed to notice Mackenzie's melancholy mood. He stood up and walked over Levi's legs and (with some difficulty) crawled over Lucy before sitting on Mackenzie's lap. A smile tugged at Levi's lips when Pignoli yipped and put his paws on Mackenzie's stomach, staring right at her before yipping again. 

"I think he's saying 'be happy'," Levi mused.

"Or he's just an adorable spazz." Mackenzie grinned and scratched the little dog's chin.

"I brought popcorn and whoppers if you want to watch a movie," Levi said after awhile.

"Yeah, I'm down for that," Mackenzie said. "What movie?"

"Winter Soldier or Civil War?" Levi grinned.

"Neither! We watch those all the fucking time!"

"I know, I'm kidding. How about.... Doctor Strange?"

"No, you fucking comic book geek."

"Or do you want to watch television." Levi crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at her friend's sudden pickiness.

"I'm still not all caught up on Ghostface," Mackenzie said with a good-natured smile.

"Bitch, imma fix that right now."

๏๏๏๏๏

I know, short chapter. I'll explain more with Mackenzie in AMERICA'S SWEETHEART.
~Mae