•CHOCOLATE KISSES•

CHRIS KNOCKED ON LEVI'S DOOR for several minutes until he realized that it was open

CHRIS KNOCKED ON LEVI'S DOOR for several minutes until he realized that it was open. He still had no idea why she and Cato were so mad at her, and that group now included Rocky, who had given him worse insults than Cato.

"Levi?" he said, walking inside. "Levi, are you in here?"

He glanced across the room and saw her in the windowsill, staring outside. When he got closer he saw the tearstains on her face and the dozens of Hershey's Kisses wrappers around her feet.

"Levi?"

She looked up at him, but she didn't say anything. Instead she stormed over to him and slapped him across the face without a word.

"Ahh–Levi!" Chris slammed his hand over his cheek in surprise. "What the—" She cut him off when she punched him in the stomach and stormed back to the windowsill.

Chris was pretty sure her fingernails had cut the skin on his face, but he still followed her. "Levi, what the—"

"You're an asshole!" Levi yelled, spinning around to face him. "A bigass fucking piece of shit!"

"What the hell did I do?!"

"What did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Her eyes narrowed. "You promised you'd be there whenever I needed you! I needed you now more than ever, but you weren't! You never answered your fucking phone! My grandpa just died, Chris! He died, and I've had to deal with it BY MYSELF!!!"

"I was working, Levi!" Chris said. "I was only able to glance at my phone for a second! I had no idea that's what you wanted!"

Levi slowly sunk down to the floor. Then she started crying again, burying her face in her hands as she curled up in a ball.

Chris sat down next to her and gently rubbed her arm, not saying a single word. He guessed it was calming to her, because eventually she stopped crying and became very quiet, but then he figured out that she was asleep. So he picked her up and put her down on her bed.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to her. "I never wanted to hurt you."

"I'm sorry I hit you," she whispered back, much to his surprise. "Twice."

"It's okay," Chris said, sitting down next to her. "Didn't hurt."

"You're a bad liar, even in real life."

He found himself blushing as Levi sat up and held his chin in her hand, turning his head so she could see the injury.

"I can take care of this." She got up and ran into her bathroom, then came out a few seconds later with a small pink first aid kit. After opening it up, she put some antiseptic on a cotton ball and began dabbing it on his face, grinning as he winced slightly.

"Big baby," she muttered.

"Am not," Chris protested, even though it did hurt. "Besides, you're the one who keeps your fingernails trimmed so they're like claws."

"It's called 'almond-shaped nails', dumbass. Get it right or don't say it at all."

"Excuse me, then." He grinned until Levi started rubbing the antibiotic cream on his face.

"Hold still," she said before applying the bandaid and closing up the kit.

"Thanks, Levi," Chris said.

"Mm-hmm."

"And I really am sorry."

"It's okay. You're too sweet to stay mad at anyway."

"Sweet? You're the sweet one. You didn't have to do this for me."

"Yes, I did. I mean.... I did scratch your face."

"That's okay," he said. "It feels better now, anyway."

Levi gave him a tight hug. "I really am sorry."

"I am too."

Levi leaned back and slowly pressed her lips on the corner of his mouth before smoothing down one of his eyebrows with her thumb.

"Please stay with me tonight," Levi murmured.

"Of course," Chris replied.