Chapter Ten: Indecisive

Okay so.. I only just watched episode 1 of Naruto Shippuden because I skipped it the first time round, and just nearly had a heart attack when Konohamaru used his 'Sexy jutsu'. :S I was like WHAT IS HAPPENING  *Expression similar to Sakuras when she witnessed it*

SOMEONE PASS ME THE MIND BLEACH.

Anyway :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A little girl and an old hag beat Sasori-danna, un?" Deidara asked with disbelief. "He rants about art being "beauty that lasts forever", then dies a second later! You had too much faith in that form... despite how it exposed your weak spot, un. Oh well, it was still an artistic way to go."

He said this while crawling out of the bush, followed by me.

"Dei..." I gently placed a hand on his back, picking a leaf out of my hair with my other hand. We both looked up and gasped in shock.

"Good work, Neji."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed in a very Shikamaru-ish manner, shaking my head.

"We're fucked."

Standing before us was Team Gai. They hadn't changed a bit.

"I see," Deidara had his eyes fixtated on Neji, who was smirking from Gai's praise, his byakugan eyes activated. "So that's the true, original bloodline byakugan, un."

"So you gathered that mine was different, hm?" I smirked. It was true; because I wasn't a Hyuuga, my eyes remained violet when my own byakugan was activated and rather than having vains sticking up in high relief around my eyes, I earned strange, lightning bolt shaped markings on either side of my eyes.

"You used their power to find my blind spot and sneak up on me," Deidara continued, still adressing Neji, choosing to disregard my comment. I noticed that Neji glanced at me when he caught my comment, his eyes full of confusion and suspicion. "I'd love to see how they differ, if at all, from my young friend's byakugan eyes, but right now, we need to make our escape, un."

"Young?" I objected. "You're eighteen. I hardly think that enables you to call me 'young'."

"I'm nearly 19, un."

"Your point being?"

"With Konoha's strongest platoon, Team Gai, on your tail, there is no escape!" Gai cut in, responding to Deidara's previous comment and cutting off our bickering. I raised my eyebrow when Gai did his signiture grin, his teeth glinting. Same old Gai...

"That's right!" Lee stated in determination.

"Get ready!" Tenten crouched into a fighting stance as she said this. My brow furrowed when I glanced at Lee, and even more so when I met the eyes of Tenten. I had grown closer to her than any of the other kunoichi due to us spending almost two months together on the mission. She was one of my best friends, in a way.