Chapter Fourteen: Return of the Kazekage

Aaand here's chapter 14! 2 chapters in 2 days ;)

Here's a funny Naruto thing on the side, heh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Fire Style: Fire Flower Jutsu!” I yelled, leaping into the air above Kakashi and firing three giant bullets of fire directly at my former sensei. They shot down towards him with a force so great that he only just managed to jump out of the way before they came crashing down, taking a few branches with them as they plummeted towards the ground. They caused the ground to shake violently upon impact when they made contact with it, leaving a small crater in the ground. I quite liked that jutsu.

“Not bad,” Kakashi commented. “But unfortunately for you...”

I suddenly sensed a presence behind me and my eyes widened when I realised what he'd done. Before I could react, I felt a heavy object hit the back of my neck directly on my weak spot.

That damned Kakashi, I thought angrily. He took advantage of my blind spot again!

My vision went hazy and I wobbled a little, then I fell backwards off the branch and began plummeting towards the ground, drifting into unconsciousness as I fell.

I woke up in a daze, staring around me uncertainly, my vision hazy.

'Where am I?' I wondered in my confusion.

'Idiot,' I heard Ookami sigh. My vision came into focus and my clouded memories of what happened previously were cleared. I gasped when I saw what was in front of me. Gaara was still lying on the floor, cold and still. It almost physically hurt to look at him. Standing near him were Tenten, Lee and Gai, with Kakashi sat on the floor in front of them. Closest to Gaara were Naruto and Sakura. The old woman, Chiyo, was kneeling beside the red-headed boy's body, her hands placed on his chest. There was a powerful dome of of chakra encasing her hands.

I stared curiously, wondering what was going on, but as I tried to walk towards them I finally realised that I was tied up. My hands were tied behind me around the trunk of a tree, this trunk not being as thick as the others so my hands almost reached each other around it. My ankles, for some reason, weren't tied. How had I even been unconscious in this position?

I looked up to meet the hard stare of Neji and glared at him. He just stared back with a stoic expression upon his face, his pale eyes unreadable. A conversation appeared to be occurring between Sakura, Naruto and Chiyo but I was too far away to hear anything, I could only watch. Sakura seemed worried, and Chiyo had a sad yet determined expression upon her face.

I held my breath. It looked like they were expecting the worst for Gaara. I couldn't forgive myself if he didn't live. I bit my lip so hard that I drew blood as I watched their lips moving but heard none of it. I could only guess what they were saying.

'It's too late. He's dead. There's nothing we can do,' one of the malicious voices in my head said, morphing into Sakura's voice.

“No,” I whispered, my eyes filling with tears. I Blinked them away when Neji glanced at me, having heard my whisper. I ignored him, keeping my eyes fixated upon Gaara and the two medical ninjas, though they were becoming blurry as my eyes filled with more tears. I didn't bother to blink them away, and they poured out over my bottom lashes and down my cheeks. I could feel Neji's eyes on me but I continued to ignore him until he turned away. His byakugan was activated and he seemed to be focusing hard on what was going on. I would have activated my own but I didn't have the strength nor energy to do so. I was completely worn out.