Chapter 7 - The Need to Sleep

*No One's POV*

It was early afternoon and Camila was trying to write a song on the piano, when her mother came in. She was holding 2 grocery bags.

"Camila could you please help me bring in the groceries. I have more bags in the car."

Camila hopped off the piano bench and moved to the door. "Sure mom"

A few minutes later, Camila was bringing in the last of the bags. As she set it down her mom said.
"Thank you Camila, Um...you can help me put away the groceries and while were doing that we can have a talk."

Camila placed a gallon of milk in the fridge. "About what?"

"Lauren. I had a talk with her today."

Camila tensed up. "What did you say to her?" Camila said with an accusatory look.

"Relax Camila, we had a chat. I wanted her to know what she was getting into. Let her know she had options. I trust you but I still needed to talk with her." Sinu said as continued to put away groceries.

Camila still didn't look to happy. "Mom I don't like you going behind my back like that."

"Camila!" Sinu said a loud tone of voice. "There's something you need to know."

Camila huffed "What?"

"I know you've begun bonding with Lauren and I know you love her. But what you don't know is that Lauren has begun bonding with you."

Camila suddenly looked very confused. "How? She shouldn't be able to bond with me."

"Lauren didn't know it herself, but she has werewolf blood in her. Though she isn't one herself."

Camila's jaw opened in shock.

"It's true, her father's mothers family, they are werewolves. Though her grandmother herself isn't. It's not a family I ever heard of but Lauren is descended from werewolves."

Camila leaned up against the kitchen counter as it all set in. "And because of this, Lauren has begun to bond with me?"

Sinu smiled. "Yes, she has. Her werewolf heritage has given her the ability to do so."

"Oh my god, Lauren can bond with me." Camila said with ever growing excitement. Just knowing that was like music to her ears. Camila knew that bonding was part of their way of life and it saddened her to know that Lauren couldn't bond with her. But now Camila, much to her excitement, knew now that Lauren could."

"That's great mom! But wait a sec, you said you told her she had options? What did she say?" Camila said suddenly getting nervous.

Sinu put a hand on Camila's shoulder. "She wants to continue seeing you and bond with you. Oh and before I forget. She's having problems sleeping as a result of the bonding. I've discussed it with your father; she can stay with you until it passes."

Camila's eyes nearly bugged out of her head, causing her mother to laugh. "Here take the keys, and go over to her place. I won't need the car the rest of the day. You know that until this passes, she won't sleep an hour or two a night without you until this passes."

Camila practically ran out of the house and tripped two times on her way to the car but she was too excited to care. Being together helps the bonding and makes things go easier. Camila hadn't seen Lauren all day and was already craving her presence. A short while later she was knocking on Lauren's door.

A moment later it opened up. Lauren was dressed in shorts and an 1975 tee shirt. She looked rather tired and run down.

"Upstairs Cabello." Lauren said, pointing to the stairway.