Chapter 19 - Walking The Dog

*No One's POV*

After the conference call, Camila and Lauren rushed to Camila's house were a hastily organized meeting was to take place. At least 30 werewolves and the local pack leader, an auto mechanic named Kevin, were present to organized search efforts.

Lauren gave a small speech stressing the urgency of the situation. But at the same time she stressed that we try to be as subtle as possible, as they didn't want to tip their hand. She was confident and spoke with almost a swagger. Halfway through the speech Camila realized Jade was probably just imitating someone from a war movie but being a superb actress pulled off her performance flawlessly. But her goal which was to inspire both motivation and confidence, was successful.

A huge map of the city was placed on a table with a mark for each last known location of all the newly reported missing. The missing were from all over the city but there were three areas where there were heavier concentrations of missing. Camila's father and some others with previous military experience divided the city into search grids. Various grids were assigned to different teams. Lauren studied the map and picked an area with almost no missing sandwiched between two areas of heavy missing. The neighborhood itself was partially lower income residential and Industrial.

"Why did you pick that area, Lauren?" Asked Camila.

Lauren looked at Camila with a half smirk. "How does the saying go? Dog's don't shit where they eat or something like that. So what's your brilliant plan?"

Lauren smiled. "Well in our wolf form, our sense of smell is far superior. We'll pick up a vampire at least a block away. But us walking around as wolves would sort of stick out. But what don't people pay much attention to? Someone walking their dog perhaps."

Lauren's smirk widened as she motioned for Camila to come closer. "You do realize that one of us will have to be parading around the city with a dog collar and leash and it ain't going to be me?"

Camila just laughed.

"What's so funny ?" Lauren asked with an odd look.

Camila chuckled again. "That means you get to hold the bag of poop, otherwise it won't look real."

Lauren frowned. "I hate you."

Before they left, Camila's dad handed them a pair of funny looking binoculars.

"What's this daddy?"

"Something you may need. Night vision binoculars, courtesy of the LAPD."

Lauren examined them. "Who ever said diamonds were a girl's best friend."

After stopping at a pet store where the appropriate supplies were purchased, the pair went to their search area and prepared. Camila stripped down and transferred into a wolf. A sweat suit and sneakers were kept in a backpack with wooden stakes and holy water.

So Lauren and Camila set off on their "Walk". To anyone passing by, it just looked like Someone walking a very large dog. Much to Lauren's severe annoyance, Camila added some realism by crapping at one point on the grass as they walked through a park.

"OH HELL NO, Don't you think I'm going to pick that up CABELLO! You add any more realism, I'm going to see to it you sleep in a dog house, because you won't sleep next to me." Lauren angrily spat out.

Camila just sat there and had a somewhat smug look on her face. After about 3 minutes of the pair just staring at each other, the crap between them, Lauren relented. She pulled out the gloves and poop bag and in full view of at least the other people who happened to be near by, picked up the poop.

All the while she was getting rid of the crap, Lauren was muttering to herself. "So Lauren what did you do last night? OH I took a nice long romantic walk with my girlfriend and picked up her CRAP! I knew I should have played the dog."