Chapter 14 - What's Going On ?

*No One's POV*

As Camila drove home, having escaped the vampire's lair, her already spinning mind suddenly noticed something else.

"Why is Lauren driving Ally's car?"

None of this made any sense at all. Lauren a werewolf, Ally's car, the well-dressed chick with the blade that killed the last werewolf king. All of it made Camila's head hurt.

"What in the hell is going on?" Camila said to her naked and sleeping companion sleeping on the seat next to her. Camila could only hope that her mom and dad would have some of the answers to the hundred questions that were flying through her head. But Camila knew that at the moment, she had to stay focused on getting her and Lauren to safety.

~~~

Across town, Alejandro was pacing furiously back and forth continuing to worry about both Camila and Lauren. He knew that Lauren was very powerful, but was also nearly exhausted and inexperienced. If she ran into vampires, she may not be able to overcome them.

"Alejandro, Stop pacing. It's not helping." Snapped Sinu, who was sitting next to Lauren's father on the couch. "You have every werewolf police officer in the city searching for them. Frank has at least a dozen other of our people searching as well."

Alejandro stopped and nodded. Looking over at Sinu and Lauren's father, he could see they were still pouring over the Jauregui family history.

"These papers were my grandfather's he was meticulous about writing down family history. Though a few sheets were written in some language I can't read. Here they are." Michael Jauregui said as he pulled out several very old sheets of paper and handed them to Sinu.

Sinu studied them intently for a few moments. "It's written in our werewolf language. It's not used too often any more but I can read most of it. This combined with the family history you have, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Lauren in in fact the current head of the house of Fenrir."

"She's the queen?" Frank asked from where he was standing in the corner.

Before anyone could say anything, a light from a car pulling into the driveway could be seen in the window.

"I'll see who that is." Alejandro said quickly rushing to the door. By the time he got outside, he saw much to his relief Camila carrying an unconscious Lauren up the walk.

"CAMILA!" he called out as he rushed to grab Lauren.

"Are you alright?" he said quickly.

"Camila." Sinu called out from the doorway.

"Lauren's exhausted. Please get her into bed. I want Frank to see if she's ok." Said Camila in an urgent tone of voice.

"I got her." Sinu said, as she grabbed Lauren from Alejandro and rushed her back inside.

With Lauren safe, Camila could finally relax and let the confusion and distress that she had been holding back, flow.

"Daddy? Why is my Lauren a werewolf. She saved me. I'm worried about her." A tired and confused Camila blurted out. Tears formed in Camila's eyes as a dam of emotions suddenly burst.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LAUREN!" shouted, a now very upset Camila.

Alejandro quickly wrapped his arms around his upset daughter. "We had to change her into a werewolf. It was the only way to save her life. Please Camila you need to understand, there was no other way."

After Alejandro released Camila she still appeared to be upset but nodded.

"Come on, let's get you inside and get that cut on your face looked at."