Chapter 16

Amber's POV

Clay was here to pick me up for our little date. We really haven't got to spend much time alone together since my friends are here. I mean I love them but I also want to spend time with Clay.

He was taking me to the movies.

"So what movie do you wanna watch?" Clay asked.

"ok umm," I stood there staring ys the list of movies. "Sorry this is a lot of pressure! I'm not picking the movie!" I gave in.

"How about Paranormal Activity, The Marked Ones." Clay suggested.

Wow. he's quick.

"Yes!" I said.

I actually really wanted to see that movie.

Clay of course had to pay for the movie and the candy.

"One day you will have no money, and I'll be the rich one!" I said to him.

It's true though. Clay just laughed, his cute little laugh.

Clay bought popcorn, sour patch kids, gummy bears, chocolate, and 2 sodas.

Where does this kid get so much money?

Before you know it he will be offering to buy me a Bugatti.

Which I wouldn't argue with.

We went to theatre 17 and sat down in the back.

Clay put his arm around me and I cuddled into his side.

This was perfect.

-- after movie --

"That movie was weird." Was all I could say as we walked out of the theatre.

"Tell me about it." Clay said agreeing with me.

As I thought we were walking home we weren't. We were walking to a ice cream place called Bids.

Weird name.

I ordered blue moon.

Clay never had that before so he got that too.

Right before Clay could pay I said "LOOK OVER THERE!"

Clay turned around. I quickly pulled a $5 dollar bill out of my pocket and handed it to the lady

"Take the money and run!" I said.

She laughed at my weirdness and gave me back the change. Clay had already noticed what I had done and gave me a disapproving look.

We got our ice cream and started walking. I don't know exactly where though.

Clay and I were walking and eating ice cream.

Eventually we ended up at the lake where he asked me out.

I smiled widely as I remembered that day. I didn't notice the way we were going because we took a different path.

"Remember here?" Clay asked and I just nodded as I played that day in my mind.

"Ya know when I first saw you I thought you were really pretty. and then I got to know you and I couldn't resist asking you out. When we were up in that tree while playing hide n seek I knew it was the perfect moment to kiss you and so I did. Now I'm the happiest I've ever been in a really long time." Clay said to me.

I couldn't help but throw my arms over Clay and give him the biggest hug ever. Now it's time to give my little speech.

"Clay I first discovered you when you did a vine with your brother. I thought you were really cute! I found out a little bit more about you and I thought you were awesome. I never thought I would have a chance with you because you know you live in Alabama and I lived in Maine, but then I found out I was moving to Troy, Alabama! I didn't get my hopes up though because you could have anybody, but you chose me. When I moved, when I met you was the best moment of my life." I said to Clay meaning every word I said.

After that we shared a kiss. The best kiss ever.

___________________________

I think this is a cute chapter! I'm almost to 1K so excited! thanks for 26 votes! If I got to 1K I would flip. Thanks so much! VOTE AND COMMENT!

~love y'all