Chapter 21

-- a month later --

Amber's POV

It's been a boring month of doing nothing.

My mom wanted me to lay low for awhile and it's been a while! I've had no seizures or headaches since my accident.

Right now I'm snuggling with Mufasa while watching Girl Code. Lexie ran into my room balling her eyes out with Gabby following.

"What's wrong?" I shot up, causing Mufasa to get up and run out of the room.

"I got a call from my sister. Dad got arrested and my mom wants to move out of town to get away from him. She wants to leave now." I was in shock.

This means Lexie has to leave.

"No. No. No. No. No." I said. I didn't want this to be true.

"My mom already booked a plane to home in 3 hours." That's so soon.

Why does this have to be happening?

We told my mom what happened. Then went to packing. Which took about an hour and the car ride to the airport would take about an hour.

After packing we headed off to the airport. We spent the next hour in silence.

*

*

*

When we got to the airport we started balling out eyes out. This month just isn't going so well.

"So do you know where you are moving?" If my best friend is leaving me, I'd like to know where she is going.

"Ohio. I tried seeing if my mom could come to Alabama but my Aunt lives in Ohio and she has room for us." I nodded.

Ohio, that's not a bad place.

"What city?" Gabby asked.

"Kenmore" Lexie said blankly.

Fuck. Kenmore is very bad. That's like the ghetto place of Ohio.

I used to live in Ohio, but I moved to Maine when I was 6.

I remember hearing stories on the news that had to do with Kenmore.

"Flight 436 to Akron, Ohio now boarding."

Did I mention that her family already left for Ohio and that's where she's going.

Me and Gabby gave Lexie a big hug and exchanged 'I'll miss you.' and 'love you!' then she got on her plane.

We were all crying.

Now it's time for a long, boring car ride.

___________________________

Sorry it's short....

So much tragedy :/ I need to mix it up a bit. Should I end this story soon and make a sequel or should I not. please tell me!

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!

~Love y'all, Amber Lynn