[1]

It felt like a rude awakening the first time I regained consciousness. My back muscles spasmed every few seconds and my neck was stiff, protesting as I stretched. My mouth felt like it was stuffed with cotton while my tongue felt like sand paper against my chapped lips.

I sat up quickly, despite the protest of my joints, but soon doubled over again as a wave of nausea flowed over me. I put my head in my hands and took a deep breath. Slowly, I opened my eyes, peeking through my bare fingers. No wonder I was so sore; I had found myself lying on a bunch of wires and metal pieces. Gradually, I lifted my head from my hands and looked around. Fog filled the area around me, though it wasn't too thick that I couldn't see a thing. A bright fire, sat In front of me, was the only source of light I had. Broken down walls made of wood and stone stood in odd places and multiple boxes were placed around in groups. A giant gate stood in front of me and the fire, with a wall that seemingly stretched for miles on both ends. The entire place looked like it had once been used for something of great importance. I wasn't sure of what it was used for now.

(Speaking of something I wasn't exactly sure of.)

Where am I?

This could pose a bit of a problem. I racked my brain for something, anything. My mind couldn't really settle on a singular memory. Blurry faces of places raced by, too fast to grasp at. Faces I couldn't quite make out went a bit slower. I furrowed my eye brows, letting out an irritated huff. Absentmindedly, I tugged at my shirt--a thread bare piece of fabric. It was old and muddy looking, or was that blood?

Panicked I checked every part Of my body to make sure I wasn't injured in any way, shape or form, Luckily I was fine.

I turned over on my side. Steadying myself on my hands and knees. As quickly as my protesting limbs and churning stomach would allow, I stood. My legs wobbled horribly and almost give out underneath me. Luckily I caught my balance before I would make a tumble to the ground. My vision began to spin a little less, albeit a headache was forming behind my eyes.

(You shouldn't be going to that estate nick, bad things will happen.)

Was that my name?

(I'll be alright dad, After all I'm doing this for Ashlie!)

I felt myself smile at my own words that echoed at the forefront of my mind. The smile shortly turned into a grin because while the name I  recalled for myself earlier sounded familiar, the name ashlie sounded just the same.

I wasn't sure of a lot of things at the moment, but I needed to find someone to help me figure out where I am. And I needed to do it fast.

Who knows what could be lurking in the shadows.

~*~

Well there you have it folks! The first ever chapter X3 I have no school so I'm gonna be working on a lot of chapters, but I'm not going to publish them all at the same time, because I find that if you just publish a story from start to end people tend to lose interest in it around the middle. It's better to update on a schedule so people are excited about the next chapter and want to read it. You know? :3