[10]

They had made it out.

Uni and Cory ended up finishing the generator and opened the gate.

Nick had to force Ashlie to get up and come with him. She cried, she screamed.

But they still made it out.

When Ashlie and nick sat down by the campfire. Tommy, uni and Cory already there,

"Where's dawn?" Ashlie bursts into tears once more, her body racked from her loud sobs of despair.

They got the hint.

All that could be heard that night was the crackling of the fire. And the buzzing of crickets.

Ashlie never imagined that the love of her life, would leave her just like that . . . She still couldn't believe he was dead. Soon her grief turned to anger.

Everyone knelt there, heads bowed, feeling as furious and helpless as did she, over the death of her lover, over the death of their friend, over the death of dawn.  She wanted to fight, wanted to do something to avenge his death. But she was terrified. Terrified of losing another. She could tell the others felt the same.

Until someone lifted their chin and stood up, this person being Cory.

"Today we grieve over the loss of a friend, and lover to one--" he glanced over at Ashlie. "But that doesn't mean we can lose hope, we've come too far. Dawn wouldn't want us mopping around, grieving over his death, he'd want us to keep moving forward and look on the brighter side of things. We might not have made it this far if it weren't for dawn, we have to finish what he started."

Ashlie whipped her eyes and looked up at Cory, determination in her eyes. She stands up.

"We can't let him die in vain!" Cory nods to Ashlie,

"So are we going to sit here and disappoint dawn, or are we going to go in there and survive!" Everyone looks at each other before tommy stands and holds his arm out, Ashlie and Cory put their hands on top of his. Uni slowly stands up and puts his hand on top of Ashlie's. they all look towards nick.

Nick sighs and slowly stands up, resting his hand on top of unis. Corys smiles at everyone.

"We'll get through this, and we'll get through this together!"

"Yeah!" Everyone yelled together.

But nick had a feeling that dawn won't be the only friend who dies.

And he didn't want to think of that at all, not one bit. They were strong, there wouldn't be another.

After all it was just a feeling right?

_______

Keep moving forward