[28]

[thank you so much for 17k! I might do something special when we reach 20k, so if you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments! Thank you guys so much again <3]

Ragged breaths were all that escaped Tommys mouth as he weaved through trees. The blackened was hot on his tail.

Tommy wasn't worried, this was what he had wanted actually.

In his hand tommy held a small black box, the record button was pressed down. Where he had gotten the recorder is beyond him, he had simply found it inside one of the many overlooked boxes on the map. So he took it, knowing of the perfect use for it too.

He had wanted to find the killer and this was his one chance. He wasn't sure what he would need her beautiful humming for but he knew it'd come in handy at some point in the future.

Tommy had this all figured out, he was a lot smarter then most would assume he was. Under his hopeful facade, he was quite intelligent. You learn a thing or two after being stuck in a horror movie for years.

Tommy remembered back when he was still in school, he would always get A's or B's on tests, although he did miss homework more then he'd liked he still managed to keep above average in all his class'. But now wasn't the time for reminiscing.

Tommy had to focus on the task at hand.

Of course he wasn't going to keep it with himself, he was too forgetful and would probably misplace it, losing the chance of having it for something important.

And he knew just the person to give it too.

______

This land is made of broken promises, truly there was no way to ensure that promise is kept. It was all based upon luck. Even if you're a strong runner -fighter. Nothing compared to the monstrous abilitys the killers holded.

No one person was safe.

And Adam felt stupid for taking so long to realize this.

-

BOOM

The generator shouted as it blew up in Adams face. Without realizing it decilley had pulled him to his feet and raced away from the generator, the once growing heart beat disappeared. He hadn't even realized the killed was so close. Perhaps he just had a lot on his mind, after all he still had things to grasp. Places in his mind that he needed to keep under control.

"That was way too close for comfort." Decilley mutters under his breath, his running coming to a halt.

"Yea.." Adam subconsciously agreed, even though he wasn't completely there.

"Adam? Are you ok?" Decilleys concerned voice was enough to bring Adam back to reality, and hard.

"Huh? Yea I'm good." Adam tried his best to not flinch at the loud humming in his ears.

Why was it hurting his ears.

Whatever the reason, Adam didn't care. He had to focus ahead and stop dwelling on the present.

"Right.." Decilley tried not to sound worried, as best as he could. He reassured himself that Adam was fine and he just had a lot on his mind. Decilley too was feeling a little under the weather, and he was sure everyone else was as well.

This place didn't exactly give a good vibe.

"Let's try to find a new generator, no way I'm going back to that one if the killer knew we were there already, she'd suspect we'd go back." Adam
Nodded his head, following his friend off into the mist that shadowed the forest.

_______

The loud humming in Adams ears was starting to drive him crazy. He wasn't sure if this was the killers doing or if he actually was losing his sanity.

Either way he wasn't enjoying it. It gave him a terrible headache and he really couldn't wait to get out of there, dead or alive.

"Adam!" Decilley whisper-yelled. Adams head snapped towards Decilley, his work on the generator coming to a halt.

"What?" Adam whispered back before decilley put a finger to his lips as a way to silence him.

The two stayed in silence for awhile before Adam can make out the faint heart beat growing by the second.

"We have to go." Decilley mouthed, eyes wide and full of fright. Before Adam could respond he was once again pulled up by his friend and running.

Though it seemed they had already been caught.

Adam felt a sharp pain run up through his back and his spine. He collapsed to the ground in a matter of seconds. Decilley above him, trying to pull his friend up on his feet.

"Come on Adam." Adams head pounded. He could feel the blood run down his shin and he shivered at the cool liquid.

The smell was horrendous and the metallic taste lingered in his mouth as he coughed. Things weren't looking good for the duo.

"Adam!" Decilley shouted as he pulled Adam to his feet, dashing off. The blackened was on their tail and Adams vision was slowly wavering.

Apart from the pounding headache and the tears that streamed down Adams face, he managed to block out the monstrous pain in his leg and pushed forward.

"Hang on there buddy.." Decilley said.

_______

The two pant heavily as decilley leans Adam against a tree.

"We're having too many close calls." Decilley pants out, his hands placed on his knees as he leans forward.

"Yes...tell me about it." Adam still felt the huge headache in the back of his eyes, but he shook it off. There's worse things to worry about.

"Hey decilley, do you think the others finished any of the-" Adam was cut off by a muffled scream and the sound of blood splattering against the floor.

Eyes wide, Adam slowly lifts his eyes to see decilley stood in front of him. His arms stretched out like an eagle. Adam didn't fail to realize that there was a large axe lodged into his abdomen.

The huntress staring from a few feet away, ready to watch the rest unfold.

Adam dropped to his knees, his eyes heavy as he opened his mouth. But nothing came out. He wanted to throw up, he wanted to cry out for his friend but he couldn't find the voice or strength to do so. So he sat there, and silently screamed out towards his fallen friend.

Adam had started to feel regret bubble inside his stomach. Why had he become friends with him. Why hadn't he just ignored him, maybe then his heart wouldn't hurt so much. 

After all, there was no time for friendships in this apocalypse. 

______

Another down, three left to go.