[29]

[a/n: due to my unhappiness with this chapter I have rewritten some parts and added things. So if you don't wanna miss anything feel free to reread. Thank you! ]

"Crying is how our body speaks when our mouths can't describe how hurt we are."

_____

"Ashlie, Nick!" The siblings turned to the loud shout.

Tommy was running towards them. Which managed to instill fear as they didn't know if he was running from her. But as he slowed down the two eased. The killer was nowhere in sight.

"Tommy? What's wrong?" Nick still looked around the area out of nervousness. Ashlie didn't blame him though. She still felt uneasy with the killers good aim.

"I was looking for you guys- well just you Ashlie, but I'm glad to see you too Nick!" Nick smiles at tommy, in which tommy returns.

"You were looking for me? How so?" Ashlie spoke. Tommy faced her, before looking back over towards Nick.

"There's actually something I'd like to speak with you about, in private." Nick seemed to get the message and nodded his head.

"I'll meet up with you guys later. Stay safe." Before Nick had left, he gave tommy the 'you better take care of my sister' look.

Tommy smiled and nodded, watching Nick run off into the distance.

"So, is there something you want to tell me?" Tommy nodded once again, finally facing Ashlie once again.

Reaching into his pocket,
Tommy pulled out the small little black box.

"I trust you, I really do. And because I trust you I'm giving you this. I hope you use it to benefit us in the future." Tommy handed Ashlie the box, in which she hesitates before gripping the smooth plastic in her hands.

Turning it in her hands she traces the edges. There's a little glass screen at the front as well as a record, play, pause and stop button.

Only then does she truly realized what the little box was.

_______

Even as adam barely managed to stumble away from the killer before collapsing behind a tree a few yards away, she had not gone after him. He felt she was mocking him in a way. Watch in amusement as he suffers the horrible pain of loss.

What did he do to deserve this?

He was always a good kid. Going to fund raising events, helping out at soup kitchens. He and his girlfriend even did marathons to raise money for charity.

He had always considered others his top priority and he wanted to help out any way he could. So why had this world been so cruel to him. Why was it making him feel such a horrid emotion.

He wanted it to stop.

His breathing was hard and ragged. He felt sweat drip down his forehead in mass amounts and the feeling of bile rose in his throat. Though it didn't make sense, they didn't need to eat out here.

Leaning over he coughed. His mind completely blank, he couldn't think about his surroundings all he could think was the light leaving his friends eyes.

Was this what loss feels like?

He had lost his grandma, and his dad. But why was this death effecting him more than any other death he's had in his life.

Perhaps it was because he witnessed it first hand. After all, decilley did die a way that no man should never experience. And Adam had to sit through it. Or maybe it's because decilley was all Adam had in this world.

All he had was the group and all the group had was him. They were so limited on what they could do and there were endless outcomes once stepping into the killers lair.

He was so confused, too confused to notice the tears run down his face. He didn't even realize he was crying until he placed his shaky hand on his ears. Trying to block out the humming.

The loud excruciating humming that burned at his ears. Why did it hurt.

A large sound rang through head. It was the sound of a bell. He knew that sound too.

That means the group had finished all the generators and they were able to escape.

But was it really worth it anymore?

In Adams state he wouldn't be able to get up. Though he did anyway, pushing back the feeling to vomit and moving forward.

As he stumbled through the woods he made his way towards the opposite exit. The one the others hadn't gone too.

He couldn't face them, he just couldn't. Letting a friend sacrifice his own life just to save him. How would he explain that.

Survivors guilt was a cruel thing in its own way.

And as he opened the gate, and took one last look towards the ruins. He smiled.

"I'm sorry."

There was a sharp pain, and then black.

The group had lost two friends unknowingly.