[25]

Maybe Nick had given up hope for the inevitable. The brightness that once enveloped his mind had began to dull as the painful days continued on. He was surprised he was still going, but truly the reason he had for not killing himself was simply Ashlie. He couldn't leave his sister after the heart break she's gone through as these years progressed. He couldn't do that to his sister, not her.

She was the one light in his darkness and as cliche as it sounded it was true. She was the only thing pulling him out of the water (even though very slowly) before he could drown, and it was likewise on Ashlie's part too.

She wanted her and her brother to finally be free from this world and be able to go back home together, to see their dad again (if he was still alive) to run around the yard without a care in the world, to embarrass each other every chance they get. They both just wanted their normal life back.

That's why it was Ashlie's job to pull her brother out of the thick blackness as he had done for her.

So when Ashlie's vision settled on the land she was determined to find her brother before he would make any rash decisions as did she back then.

_________

Cory ran around with uni by his side, searching for generators yet keeping a close eye on his surroundings incase he caught sight of the killer.

Uni spotted one and quickly pulled his friend over to it. The only sound the two could hear was the loud pounding of the generator and the loud humming in their ears.

Wait humming?

Uni quickly turned back, still dragging Cory. He ducked, Cory beside him as they watched the killers eyes glance over in their direction.

Corys breath hitched in his throat as he stared back at the huntress', Those cold black eyes sent chills down corys spine. He'd only ever meant this killer once, and Even then it was a short chance of survival.

The huntress looked around a bit more before raising her axe and stalking past them. Cory watched the killer walk past them, the humming louder then before. After the killer was out of sight he pulled uni up and ran over to the generator.

"That was close." Uni mutters.

"Every Time is close uni." Uni nods his head in agreement and continues to work on his side of the generator.

The boys breathing stopped as they heard the sound of something getting imbedded into the tree beside him, a little too close for comfort.looking over he was horrified to see that there was an axe.

Before Cory could grasp at what had happened uni let out a pained yell as the huntress sliced at his shoulder.

Corys eyes wide with fear, he found his legs moving on his own for he was too shocked to realize that he needed to go.

Supporting uni on his shoulder, the two ran off. Hoping to lose the murderer.