[18]

Stab, hook, kill.

Stab, hook, kill.

Stab, hook, kill.

It was an endless cycle of despondency and discouragement.

One minute you feel forward-looking and the next you reach rock bottom, you hit the end with a hard smack and when you try to get up, life is just ripped from your hands.

Cory had long endorsed these ups and downs of this microcosm, and he had accepted it.

Though he hadn't been there as long as the others have, he still knew what torment the group had encountered before his arrival.

He was ready for what ever came his way, and he greeted it with open arms. He felt that there were greater things in this hell than destruction, and even though they would all die one day he was accepting whatever that way may be, whether he be killed here or else where.

At least I'm not alone, he'd tell himself.

He was genuinely indebted to these people for showing him such kindness when he first entered. You see Cory didn't come from a affectionate family, he was often shunned for his weird behavior and snarky comments. Some may say that's not so bad, but Cory was often locked in his room for several hours (or even days) with nothing to entertain himself, while his parents and older brother went to parties and get-togethers. His parents didn't want him coming for they were afraid that he would embarrass them. Some parents am I right?

They always said he was a outlandish child and that he didn't fit in with this world. He was bullied for his personality and often yelled at by the teachers for cracking a simple joke. His home town was a strict one and someone like Cory didn't fit in one bit, with his expressive and childlike demeanor at most.

So for Cory to finally find a group of gracious people he indeed felt like he was in place, like he had finally found his true home. Even if it was a waste land of appalling and abhorrent perpetrators.

This was what Cory had wanted all along, for someone to finally look up to him and not shut him out like his family did.

Even though they were stuck in such a gruesome nightmare, he didn't care one bit. His only concern was getting the rest out there. He felt he needed to repay them some how for their kindness and he didn't care how he'd do it. He didn't care if he died.

That was probably a bad thing though. He was moving on the thought that his life didn't matter, even if he didn't realize it. He was putting himself before others--not saying it's a bad thing--when in reality everyones going to try to protect each other, as well as themselves and if corys to busy protected the others, he won't be able to protect himself and inevitably he will end up dieing.

He always though he was the one protecting everyone and that he'd be find on his own, after all he took care of himself when he was younger, when no one else would.

Who would say that he couldn't do that now.

But dear, did he not realize that the future is unpredictable, and everyone shall have their fall.