Sorry If It's a Bit Chilly...

Yang POV

We were sent on a mission by Professor Ozpin. It was to search and retrieve a certain person. Apparently, this guy likes the cold very much. His semblance is 'ICE' which is just as the name implies, allows him to control ice. He's been causing quite a ruckus around town, freezing shops, causing mayhem, just the basically terrorizing the town. That's all Professor told us and that's all we needed to know.

Everyone was wearing thick clothing and a Beacon's white fur jacket to keep us as warm as possible because right now, we were hiking up a mountain that's been completely covered in a snow storm for the past few days.

Weiss: "J-just how strong i-is this g-guy!?"

Blake: "You t-think he did this?!"

Even through their coats, they still shivered. I felt fine thanks to my semblance but still, the effects would be worse if it weren't for my thick clothes. Each time we took a step on the blanket of snow, our feet would sink, draining away our energy.

Yang: "Rubes are you okay?!"

Ruby: "C-cold as a cucumber! Are we there yet?!"

Weiss: "Ms. Glynda said he's p-probably at the top..."

Blake: "Just a bit more!"

Yang: "Then we'll have to fight!"

After some time, we finally arrived at the top where a small broken lodging house was built and covered in snow and icicles spiked down. Upon seeing this, I wasted no time and barged right in.

Yang: "Knock knock!"

I bust the door in with a punch and we all enter. We drew out our weapons but I can tell they were barely holding them up, feeling weak from the long icy hike. In front of us is our target, sitting near the window. He had pale white skin and his (e/c) eyes looked at us without any trace of fear nor hostility. He wore a dark (f/c) colored furry long coat over a white shirt and some necklaces. He looked neat and slick together with his (h/c) hair.

Ruby: "Y-you're under arrest!"

Yang: "Better surrender now! I wouldn't want to hit your face now would I?"

Still, he didn't seem a bit nervous about this.

(y/n): "Oh hey, you're from Beacon right? Did Ozpin send you?"

He stood up with his hands on the pockets of his coat, a small smile on his face. He seemed to notice Ruby, Weiss and Blake shivering.

(y/n): "Yeah... sorry if it's a bit chilly... Did you know? Most people think the devil burns red hot, but I think it's actually quite the opposite..."

He started moving forward, each step freezing the floor and the gusts of bone chilling air got stronger and stronger.

(y/n): "Nice gauntlets by the way"

Yang: "Thanks, wanna cup a feel?"

I can't help but smile, having such a casual conversation with each other. Weiss went to the back together with Ruby, ready to support us and provide cover while Blake and I took on the vanguard. I attacked him immediately, launching numerous fireballs at him. He merely raised his arm and block the incoming flames, leaving the empty dust bullet on the floor, frozen. Blake jumped towards him, Gambol Shroud in her hand ready to kill. But as she got nearer, he intensified the cold, causing Blake to freeze up and land on (y/n)'s feet.

Yang: "BLAKE!"

(y/n): "Ah-ah I'm pretty sure you know how a hostage situation looks..."

He held his hand right on Blake's head threatening us not to do anything too hasty.