FOOD FIGHT!!!

Blake POV

The moment I fell to his feet when my body froze up made me fear for my own life. It all changed when I looked up and saw his eyes as he looked at me then towards me teammates. It was like looking into a mirror years ago when I was in the White Fang. Those were the eyes I used to have, eyes that screamed for help. He was in pain by something he's done, I know because from experience. Seeing them again, I felt that I needed to help him.

Then after all of that initial commotion, he hands me back my weapons. He leaned in to me and whispered right into my ear, his breath tickling my neck, sending me shivers.

(y/n): "You're a pretty cute kitty"

Whatever the reason, I couldn't control my reaction and felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

Blake: Wh-what?! Wait, he knows my secret?!

Eventually, I snapped out of my thoughts by the concern of my teammates. I don't want them to notice me right now so I changed the topic immediately so that they'd quit it.

Blake: "N-no, it's nothing! J-just... Anyway! What's going on?"

Glynda: "Oh yes, I forgot that Ozpin didn't tell you. Allow me to clear up the situation... That's (y/n), one of the most brilliant minds in all of Remnant, considered to be a child prodigy in the study of Aura. He WAS supposed to join you in Beacon but..."

Ruby: "I think if someone like him was on the entrance ceremony, we'd know..."

Glynda: "He wasn't like that before and he was unable to pass the ceremony"

RWBY: "WHAT!?"

Yang: "Impossible! It's harder to fail there! I mean, just look at Jaune!"

Glynda: "Let me finish! Ahem, as I was saying... He didn't pass because he wasn't able to find a partner. School rules, no partner means no acceptance. So instead of having such a talent wasted, we had him join Atlas' top scientists in a 'certain project' together with his father who coincidentally a part of that team"

Weiss: "Whoah... I wasn't expecting that... If so then why is he... like that?"

Weiss seemed to refer his recent behavior, causing mayhem across town.

Glynda: "The team died, including his father. It happened after a failed experiment, (y/n) is the only survivor"

Weiss: "Oh..."

Everyone became silent once his story was said and told. Now, I had it all figured out. Experiencing such a big loss must've killed so much in him. We all just stood there, not knowing what to say next...

Yang: "Well, this is awkward..."

Maybe except my partner. Almost as if on que, the door where Professor Ozpin and (y/n) entered opened and the two exit.

Ozpin: "Team RWBY, I'd like you to meet your new schoolmate (y/n). He may not be a student but you'll be seeing more of him starting tomorrow"

Yang: "Awesome!"

(y/n): "Someone's too enthusiastic..."

Yang: "Of course! That means I get to hang out with you more cool guy!"

(y/n): "Chill out hot stuff. In case you don't know, I'm a scientist; more of an indoor thing"

Yang: "Oh there's lots of things we can do indoors..."

Yang wasted no time flirting with our former target.

Glynda: "Oh really? What can you do indoors miss Xiao Long?"