It's a Race

Yang POV

Man classes can be boring! Who knew sitting down and having someone talk in front of you could be so tiring! Even if you're not listening!

My eyes were completely glued to the clock as it slowly ticked down to signal the end of the day. This was the day we start our investigation! Finally, we make our own move against the bad guys!

Finally, the bell had rung and without even letting Professor Port finish his goodbyes, we all stood up and left the room. Upon entering the dorm...

Blake: "I thought that class would never end..."

Ruby: "Alright guys, today's the day. The investigation BEGIINS!!!"

Weiss: "I'm glad we're taking this seriously"

Yang: "Hey! We got a plan... that's... moderately serious"

Ruby: "That's right, everyone remember their roles?"

Weiss: "You and I would head to the CCT to check the Schnee records for any robberies or inconsistencies. Should be pretty easy for me"

Blake: "White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I could hopefully find out what they're planning"

Yang: "I have an old friend in a shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard"

(y/n): "I'll join Yang, there's something I have to do there as well"

We suddenly jump back from the new presence in our room. I can't believe we didn't even notice him standing there.

RWBY: "(Y/N)!!!"

Yang: "What are you doing here!? Aaand did you say you'll go with me"

(y/n): "You can ask them the same thing. And yeah, I have some business downtown"

He points outside the window and we see a familiar blonde monkey faunus hanging upside down. But I could care less about that, right now, my mind is forming up my own plan. Finally! I get the chance to have (y/n) alone.

Blake: "SUN!?"

Ruby: "How'd you even get up there?"

Sun: "That's easy! I do it all the time"

Weiss: "You what!?"

Sun: "I climb trees all the time! SO! Are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?"

Blake: "WE will investigate the situation, as a TEAM"

Ruby: "Sorry Sun, but we can't get you caught up in this"

(y/n): "I'm not really helping them, I'm just jumping a ride. By the way, how's that friend of yours? The one outside the window..."

We all looked outside to see Neptune, standing precariously outside with his weight on his heels as he pressed hard against the wall.

Ruby: "How'd you even get up there?"

Neptune: "I have my ways"

We all got inside and start reforming the plan as our numbers grew larger. In the end, Neptune would be joining me and (y/n) while Sun will join Blake.

Yang: Dammit! I had a plan! Now I can't get (y/n) alone in a club... Not if I take out Neptu- NOPE! NOPE! Yang, you're going too dark!

We get our stuff ready before leaving, both (y/n) and I were just talking to each other.