Chapter 5

Next Day...

"Bye grandma, see you later!"

"Okay bye hon!"

I wonder if Eric is actually going to sit with me in lunch today. What if those girls follow me again?

"Finally I'm at school."

Then I heard someone's voice, a very familiar voice call my name. So I turned around and saw Eric.

"Oh hi Eric."

"Hey Amy. I'm still sitting by you in lunch today just so you know." He said with a devious grin.

"Sure you will." I said while rolling my eyes with a smile.

"Try and stop me!"

"Okay see you later."

"Alligator!" He said while walking to class.

Gosh he is so cheesy.

Then Amy had walked to her first period and sat down in her spot.

"Uh Mrs. Finch, I need help with these problems because I had some trouble solving them yesterday."

"Oh I would love to help you but I'm really busy right now. You could come to after school tutoring if you still want help. Is that okay?"

"Um, yeah that's fine thank you."

Oh well, at least I'll get some help.

So three periods went by and Amy had done all of her work early. Only because she didn't want to do it after school.

Yay! It's my free period! I have nothing to do so I guess I'll just go help Mrs. Jenny in the library. She is such a nice old woman.

"Hi Mrs. Jenny, do you need any help today?"

"Actually yes dear. Can you unpack all those boxes with the new books inside?"

"Of course!"

"Oh you're such an angel!"

There is so many. I think I can get this done before lunch!

"Oh and try to be quiet today because there is a young man studying over there."

"Okay, I'll try!"

That's funny, no one ever really comes in the library at this time. Okay it won't hurt just to see who it is.

So Amy leaned over one of the bookshelves and saw who it was.

Eric?

Then she went back and started to unpack the books. She had unpacked two boxes so far. And she was taking a book out of the third box and then it slipped out of her hand. Then she did a slight gasp hoping he wouldn't turn around. Then Eric heard it and turned around.

Crap. He saw me.

Then he got up and started walking towards her. When he got there he picked the book up for her and smiled.

"Thanks. Sorry for interrupting your study time."

"No problem. I don't even know why I study, I remember everything."

"Wow you must be really smart."

"Well just because I'm a jock doesn't mean that I'm stupid."

"Well I'm here because I have a free period."

"You come here for your free period?"

"Well, yeah. I help Mrs. Jenny. Plus no one ever really comes here that much."

"I come here sometimes for my free period too. Just to get away from all of the chaos and stuff. People rely on me too much." Then he grinned at me.

"I guess I'll just help you with these books." Then he picked up a box with one hand and put the books on the shelf with the other.

"You really don't have to. I got this." I said while starting to put some books away too.

"So, no one said helping people is wrong!" He said while putting some more books on the shelf.

"That's not fair."

"What's not fair?"

"That you can reach the top shelf."

Then they both started laughing and Eric dropped the books. It fell on Amy.

"Eric!"

"Oh gosh! I am so sorry. Let me help you." Then he reached his hand toward me so I pulled him down with me.

Then they both just started laughing on their backs covered in books.

Then somehow they managed to put all the books away then went to lunch.