Chapter 9

"How much longer until this game is over?"

"10 more minutes." Someone said from behind me.

Oh god. Please don't be her. Please don't be her!

"Oh okay thanks Veronica."

It's her.

"Why are you here?" She said to me while tapping her foot.

"I got invited. Why are you here?"

"I'm writing about it for the school news report."

So I turned around and continued watching the game. Something about her seems fishy.

10 minutes later...

So the game ended and Veronica went to go interview some of the players. Of course the first one was Eric. She tried acting cute around him and stuff. Eric was answering the questions with an uncomfortable look on his face. She probably asked him if he was single or something.

Then she interviewed some more of the players and walked up to me.

"So I'm assuming this is your first game."

"Pshh! Uh, I've seen a Chiefs game and some other games and yeah okay you're right."

"The Chiefs are a football team not soccer you nincompoop."

"Whatever big herma-

"DON'T call me that in public. I'm Veronica not that."

"Fine. So where is Lucy?"

"She's at home sick. Probably sick of how you dress every day. Wait no never mind it's the flu."

"Ugh whatever. I'd be sick of smelling all of that rotten overpriced perfume you wear every day." I said while rolling my eyes.

"It was limited edition so of course it cost a lot. It's perfume what did you expect?"

"Unlike me I don't need any perfume. I naturally smell like strawberries." I said with a grin.

"I'm still going to insult you in school. I'm going to go now. Oh wait I almost forgot, here's your half of the bills."

"Oh okay thanks. Bye."

So she left and I just stuffed my wad of cash in my pocket then...

"BOO!"

"AHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed while elbowing whoever was about to kill me.

"Ow oh my owww ahhhh!"

Then I turned around and saw Eric.

"OH MY GOSH ERIC?! I'm so sorry! I thought someone was trying to attack me!!" I said while helping him stand up properly.

"Yep yep, I was trying to sneak attack you. Then BAM! You're the one that attacked. I should have thought twice about that!" He said while wincing in pain.

"Well if it makes you feel any better I thought you played really good."

"I already felt better when I saw you come to the game." He said with the sweetest smile ever.

"I got lucky that you didn't go any lower than my stomach."

"Yeah, that would have been pretty bad." I said while blushing a little bit.

"So um do you want to go get something to eat?"

"Sure. You don't want to change out of your uniform?"

"Oh yeah, I have some other clothes in my duffel bag."

"I guess you were preparing for this."

"Yup! Now let's go!" he said with a grin.

"Where are we going to eat?"

"You'll see."

So he led me to the parking lot and stopped at a gray truck.

"This is your car? It's so nice."

"Well kind of mine. It's more like my dad's car. My baby's at home in the garage."

"Well ok let's go."

15 minutes later...

"Sheridan's?"

"Yep! It has the best ice cream I've ever tasted."

"I actually love this place."

"Well then that's a bonus." He said while going into one of the empty parking spaces.

"So what's your favorite?" I said eager to get out the car.

"All of them!"

"I like the ones that have fruit and pecans in it."

"Awe nuts! I forgot my wallet!"

"Really?"

"No I just wanted to say nuts. Puns are my life."

"I never would have noticed." I said all sarcastically."

"So which one are you getting?"

"I think I'm going to get.....the special!" He said like a little kid in a candy store.

"Hmm, I guess I'll get that too."

Then we waited patiently for two minutes for them to say that our ice cream was ready.

"Oh my gosh. This looks so good!" I said while about to shove it in my face.

"Yeah, vanilla ice cream, peaches, pecans, whipped cream, and topped off with a cherry."

"Okay this taste so good!"

"Yeah I can tell. Yours is already half way gone." He said while chuckling.

"Hey I already told you that I love this place."

"You didn't say that it was your favorite food."

"I didn't. My favorite food is pizza."

"Glad I didn't take you there! Who knows, you probably would have ate the whole buffet!"

"Hey!" I said while punching his shoulder.

"What?"

"Never mind, I probably would have."

So we continued to eat our delicious ice cream. I finished first, of course. Then he finished too. So we went to go to his car.

"So where do you want to go next?" He asked me while pulling out of the parking lot.

"Em I don't know?"

"Well I know where to go then."

"Whoopee another mystery trip." I said with sarcasm.

"Trust me you're going to love it."

"What's better than Sheridan's?"

"You'll see, again."He said with a devious smile.