Chapter 14

Oh no, what just happened? I should've invited Eric. I shouldn't have came here. I shouldn't have gone to Jason's car. I shouldn't have been friends with Eric. I shouldn't have ever met him. I shouldn't have talked to him. I shouldn't have been in his way. I shouldn't have been at my locker. I shouldn't even be alive.

"Eric?!" I said yelling as I struggled to get out the car, realizing who Jason had just hit.

"Who is it?!" Jason said while hopping out of his car.

"It's, it's Eric." I said as my voice started to crack.

My eyes started to water and everything just looked like a big blur to me. I could see people at the glass windows of the diner looking to see what happened.

"I don't understand." Jason said as he ran his hand through his hair and started pacing around back and forth.

"I wish me and him could trade places." I mumbled as I got to the floor to put his head on my legs.

Then I just cried and started running my hand through his hair.

"It's going to be okay." I said while Jason started to dial 911.

Eric just lied there motionless on the ground, his head on my lap, Jason talking on the phone for help.

I don't understand why every time I get close to someone I love, something always goes wrong?

First my parents, my family, my brother, now Eric? What did I do wrong to end up like this?

I should have just been left unwanted, it was better that way.

"I'm sorry." I said as some more tears found their way down my face as I buried my face into my hands.

Then some people came out of the diner and found their way to surround the accident.

"I will never be able to forgive myself. And I know you'll never be able to forgive me either." I mumbled.

"Amanda. It wasn't your fault, it was mine." Jason said while bending down to put a hand on my shoulder.

"Come one. Let's get him into the car before someone calls the police department."

"But I thought you just got off the phone with them." I said in confusion and sniffling.

"No I just told my step-mom what just happened. She wasn't happy or any of that. She said to take him to a hospital but I don't want any of the news or anything like that coming to see what happened." Jason said while rubbing the back of his head.

"Why would news reporters come just because of that? It's just one accident, it's not like it was a crash that's causing traffic!" I said while smacking his hand off of me.

"Um I'll explain to you later but right now you have to help me get him in the car. Just trust me, please." He said with a very desperate face.

"Fine." I said as I lifted Eric's head off of my legs and put it back on the ground as gently as I could.

"What about all of these people? Don't you think they are going to ask what happened?"

"It's okay, I can handle that." Jason said as he turned to face the people surrounding us.

"Um, it's okay people! We were just rehearsing a scene, a scene for our school play. We didn't mean to cause all of this commotion, I assure you that I am very, truly, sorry." Jason said with a reassuring voice.

So the people bought it and went back inside the diner.

It was a struggle to get Eric into the backseat of the car but we managed. Then we were off to his house.