Chapter 16

"Hi Amanda! How was your day?" My grandma said as I shut the front door.

"Terrible." I said plopping myself on the couch.

"Oh honey what happened?"

"The wicked witch of the west and her helpful assistant happened."

"Well that's one way to name Veronica and Lucy."

"Well that's what they are!" I said getting comfortable in the spot on the couch, which I probably made a dent in it.

"Well what did they do this time? I'm sure it wasn't that bad."

"Oh really, have you met them?"

"Yes, all of you the day you were born."

"I mean in the present."

"Well of course not, they left me and you. They probably forgot I even exist. Their own grandma, probably hate me if they still remember me." My grandma said while opening the fridge.

"You'll just have to learn to get over things like that. I know your sisters can be cruel at some point but know they do it because they are in pure jealousy mode."

"You say they are my sisters but it sure doesn't seem like it." I said laying my head on the arm of the couch.

"I mean, I know were all adopted except Veronica but it still makes no sense why they would adopt us then give us away again."

"Well your mother wanted you but she couldn't afford four kids. Well, three now." My grandma trailed off.

"Jonathan, it's all my fault he's not here." I stood up really fast and said as my eyes started to water.

"It wasn't your fault Amanda." My grandma closed the fridge and walked to me.

"YES IT WAS! I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO LET HIM GO IN THE STREET! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING HIM, I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET THE BALL, NOT HIM! BUT NO! I WAS TO BUSY ON MY STUPID PHONE!" I said running out the front door.

"Please! Amanda, wait!" I could hear my grandma yelling from back inside the house.

Then I ran.

I ran to the only place I could remember going to other than school.

The park, I would go there when I didn't feel like being seen by my grandma in such horrible conditions.

I would go there when I cried. I never cried about the rude little comments that Veronica had to say about me, no, I would cry thinking about my brother.

So many ways I could have prevented him from getting hit by that car.

That's the reason why I don't have a car. I hate cars.

It hit my brother and Eric.

I thought I was going to lose Eric to the car like I did with Jonathan.

I should have been the one to get hit by the car not Jonathan, not Eric.

I still lost Eric in a way.

I lost him to Veronica.

I lost him to myself.

"It's all my fault." I sobbed to myself once I reached a tree in the park where no one can see me.

Then I just collapsed on the ground and started to cry my eyes out.

It's pretty chilly out but I don't care, all I care about is my little Jonathan.

I failed him.

I just kept crying and crying on how stupid I am.

All of this happened three and a half years ago and I still can't and I won't ever get over it.