S I X

Soo Emi

It's the next day and I AM NOT GOING TO SCREW THINGS UP!

Again.

Yesterday was too risky.

I can't let that happen again.

Putting aside my frustration with Hoseok's behavior, I actually think he's being patient with me.

And it's best if I don't continue testing his patience.

I quietly work on an assignment on the metal couch table my father provided the office earlier today.

My mind obediently stayed on task, but as I began finishing, I got distracted.

I couldn't stop looking at Hoseok.

He was sitting at his desk with his eyes quickly scanning some papers.

He seemed really focused.

He's probably accomplished so many things at his age.

"Assistant, if you have something to say to me, just say it." He speaks, but his eyes stay on the paper.

He probably sensed my hardcore staring.

That's embarrassing.

"We-Well, I just wanted to apologize about yesterday. Joon and I were just-"

"Let's not speak about yesterday. Worry about the future, not the past."

I sigh. "Yes, sir."

"But I want you and that Joon guy to stop seeing each other."

"What!?" I stand up abruptly.

"He clearly is distracting you from work and if this continues any longer, you can get yourself in a lot of trouble." He advises emotionlessly, setting down the papers. "It's for your own good, Emi."

"That's not true at all! H-He's really helpful, sir!" I anxiously protest, walking over to his desk. "He's not one to blame at all for anything that I've done."

"I've made my decision, Emi. I forbid you to see him again. End of discussion."

"He's done nothing w-"

"END of discussion." He raises his voice, giving me a strong glare. "

I bite down on the inside of my bottom lip to hold back any more useless arguments.

Someone knocks on the door, stealing our attention away from each other.

I go over and open the door.

"Cupcake!" My father loudly greets and brings me in for a tight hug.

"Father?"

Oh, no. Did he hear Hoseok just now?

"Soo Jae, my main man!" Hoseok rises from his desk. "How are you doing, sir?"

"Jung Hoseok!" My father lets go of me and pushes me aside. "I'm doing alright. How about you?"

They both PRACTICALLY run to each other for a hug.

"My favorite employee and favorite daughter!" Father beams, pulling away from Hoseok.

"I'm your only daughter." I mumble.

But Hoseok isn't his only employee.

"How are you two getting along? You know what makes me so pleased is when I see you two working so well together!" He pats Hoseok on the back.

I manage a fake smile.

"What brings you to this area of the building, sir?" Hoseok asks. "Any announcements? Problems??"