T H I R T E E N

Soo Emi

"I'll go with you!" Namjoon runs after me before I could exit the house.

I giggle. "Thank you."

"Of course. I like spending time with you." He flashes an adorable dimple.

"That's sweet, Namjoon." I try to smile back, but I get embarrassed and look away instead.

He chuckles lightly.

I walk past the parked cars in the driveway and Namjoon calls for me.

"Yo, Emi! Where are you going?" He asks.

"To get pizza?"

"You're walking?" He tilts his head.

"Yes?"

"Emi, the closest pizza shop from here is not close at all." Namjoon places a hand on his hip.

I scoff. "Ye-Yeah, I knew that. That's right. Pizza shop, not close."

He crosses his arms with a smirk. "You've never had pizza before, have you?"

"What? That's just crazy talk- ok, fine." I sigh. "I've never had store-bought pizza before."

"What? How sophisticated were your chefs?"

"Hey, Chef Nol was an amazing chef and never needed to buy cold pizza from a store when he could easily make it at home!"

"Just hop in my car." Namjoon motions me over with a finger.

He takes out his key and presses a button. The car door opens up by itself, revealing a nice, leathery seat.

We enter his car and drive off to get food.

°

About 20 minutes later, we arrive back at Hoseok's house.

"I cannot believe they just let you cut everyone and let you go to the kitchen. The chef even let you order him around. That's amazing!" I marvel, pumping my fists.

"That was amazing? Because of you, we got the cheesy bread sticks for free." Namjoon nudges my arm and laughs.

"I really can't believe they just gave it to us."

"You've never done that before?"

"Like I said, I don't usually go out to eat since we had a chef at home. If we did go out, it would definitely not be for pizza."

"Oh...I've never thought of that." He lowers his voice.

"No one really does. It's fine, though." I place a hand on his arm.

He smiles down at me. "I really admire how strong you are. You know, going through something like this."

"I couldn't have if it wasn't for Hoseok....and for you, of course." I poke his arm.

"He's doing a lot for you. Be good to him, Emi."

I sigh. "I've been told."