T W E N T Y F I V E

Soo Emi

I return back to Hoseok's home to pack some things for my sleepover at Joon's.

A sleepover with a boy.

Nothing's going to happen, but I still feel a little nervous inside even though I shouldn't be. I lived with Joon for a couple months and even slept in the same room as him.

How did I not die from embarrassment during that?

"Why are you packing up?" The nosy Hoseok comes in my room, being nosy.

"I'm staying over at Joon's tonight." I zip up a backpack and stood up.

We glare at each other for approximately 3 seconds before I break it to leave. Hoseok quickly walks in front me just as my hand reaches for the doorknob.

"Why?" He questions.

"Do you need a reason?"

"Yes."

I set my bag down, letting out an annoyed sigh. "They want some help settling in."

"They moved in a week ago."

"Hoseok, I just want to sleepover, so I have more time to hang out with them. Joon invited me himself! Since we're close and all..."

He raises an eyebrow, suspiciously. "Close?"

"We're really good friends."

I pick up my backpack and attempt to walk past him again, but he continues to block the door.

"I won't allow it." He states, crossing his arms.

"You are not my father, Hoseok." I grip the backpack strap. "Why are you being like this? I just want to hang out with a friend."

He remains quiet.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I push past him and walked out the door.

°

Joon and I stayed up until nearly 3 in the morning playing his new games. Sleep never occurred to us until we realized the time, then had to force ourselves to stop playing.

As I was cleansing my face at the sink, I suddenly see Joon behind me in the mirror. I nearly scream out in terror, but he covers my mouth just in time.

"Sorry." He whispers, uncovering my mouth.

"Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" I ask him with a hand over my heart. "Gosh, I think I almost passed out."

"Oh, yeah, I was heading to sleep." He scratches his head. "I just wanted to say goodnight."

With my face in the sink, I wave my hand. "Goodnight, Joon. Sleep well."

"You too."

I lean back up and grabbed a towel to dry my face.

A pair of arms wrap around my waist and a Joon's head rests on my shoulder.

"J-Joon? Is something wrong?" I stutter, hiding my red face behind the towel.

"Nothing." He hums. "Just watching you."

I set down the towel and avoided eye contact with him through the mirror. "Th-There's not much to see. I'm just cleaning my face."

He breaths out deeply and pulls away from me.

"I'll go to my room now. Goodnight, Emi."

"G-Goodnight, Joon."

He leaves the bathroom and I lean over the sink, blushing uncontrollably.