S E V E N T E E N

Soo Emi

"Namjoon!?" My eyes nearly fall out of my sockets.

You're kidding me?

He greets me with a polite bow. "Hello, Emi. It's been awhile, hasn't it?"

I look at him, still in shock.

This is unreal.

Should I pinch him?

"Yeah.....no see." I bring a weary hand to my forehead.

"Welcome to my home. It's great to have you here." He steps back and invites me in.

I keep my eyes on him as I walk through the doors.

He leads me to the living room where I see Hoseok lounging with a glass of red wine in his hand.

He was watching the huge flat screen TV with his legs crossed and his arm stretched on the backrest of the couch.

He was wearing a black tee and black jeans, his hair seemed lighter, and his skin looked a bit tanner too.

I abruptly stop in my tracks.

Before any words could be exchanged, another man comes down the stairs with a suitcase in a hand.

My focus switched from Hoseok to him.

"Um, that's my younger brother, Kim Taehyung. He's a rascal, but you don't have to worry about him. He's going to be with Jungkook on a trip this weekend." Namjoon elaborates.

I nod.

"And that's Hoseok. I'm sure you remember him." He points to his friend, who was watching us now instead of the screen.

I start  to back away slowly.

I actually wanted to disappear.

"Where are you going to, Emi?" Namjoon grabs my arm.

"I-I-" I shake my head, trying to hint Namjoon that I didn't want to see Hoseok.

"I know you don't like Hoseok, but you like me, right? I won't let Hoseok belittle you." He whispers to me. "Ok?"

I slowly nod my head. "O-Ok."

Namjoon grabs my hand and tries to bring me forward, but I stop him.

"Can-Can you bring me to the room first? I really don't want to see Hoseok." I beg. "It's...It's too awkward."

I can already see Hoseok mocking me. His stupid smirk when he finds out I've been cleaning toilets and puke these past months.

Namjoon looks at Hoseok, then back at me.

"Alright." He whispers and motions for the stairs. "I'll guide you to your room."

"Thank you." I murmur with embarrassment.

Namjoon leads me up the stairs and down a hallway.

"How have you been, Emi?" He asks.

"Great. You?"

"Wonderful."

I sigh. "Namjoon, I just want to ask....is it a coincidence? How we end up meeting each other again?"

"Let's talk about that later." He opens up a door. "Right now, you can make yourself at home. Get changed and be down in 10 minutes. I want to introduce you to Taehyung."

Namjoon leaves and closes the door behind him.

I look  at my new room and noticed it looked almost exactly like my room in Hoseok's home.