T W E N T Y O N E

Soo Emi

I had 5 glasses of wine, but I didn't feel tipsy at all.

I danced with so many strangers and to my surprise, none of them seemed to recognize me...or at least acknowledge me.

Despite my worry, I had a great time hanging out with all sorts of people and not have to explain my situation to any of them.

I dance out of the crowd and went to the buffet table to grab a snack.

"Are my eyes deceiving me? Goodness, my mind was right the entire time! How lucky am I."

I turn around with some crab cakes in my mouth.

"O-O...Se..K...in." I spoke with my mouth full.

"Darling, I never thought I would run into you at a party." Seokjin places a hand on my back.

I chew as fast as I could.

"What a wonderful surprise!" He laughs and hands me a glass of wine.

I shake my head. "Too much."

"Aw, come on, darling. A glass of wine never hurt anyone." He tempts.

I swallow the food. "I know that. I told myself that 5 glasses ago."

He leans back in shock. "And you're still sober?"

"I don't feel anything."

I catch Namjoon walking towards the table in the corner of my eye with Hoseok by his side.

"Oh, it's Namjoon!" I gasp and ran behind the table.

Shoot. Shoot. Shoot.

I should've gotten out of here when I got the chance!

"What? Good girl can't get caught at a party? Understood. Get under the table." Seokjin lifts the table cloth up.

I crawl under, quickly gathering up my dress. I hold it close to me while I listen to Namjoon, Hoseok, and Seokjin talk.

"Having fun, man?" Namjoon says to Seokjin.

"Yes, really." Seokjin laughs.

"Exquisite party. Really beats Jungkook's pool party at the beach." Hoseok laughs. "Too many whales."

"I had a great time, Seokjin. Nice party. I'm going to get going before it hits 2am." Namjoon says.

I hold my breath.

"So early, Namjoon?" Seokjin nervously chuckles. "You usually stay until the event is over to help the staff clean up."

"I'm sorry, man. I have someone waiting at home and I feel bad for leaving her for a party. I don't want to keep her waiting all alone." Namjoon responds.

"You can't just SLIP OUT." Seokjin really emphasized the 'SLIP OUT' part.

I furrow my brows.

"Slip out? What are you saying?" Hoseok asks.

"I'm just giving hints. Nothing important. Just that you should SLIP OUT BEFORE YOU GET CAUGHT." Seokjin yelled again.

Why is he yelling- Oh!

I come out from underneath the table on the other side and crouched over. I carefully bunch up my dress and got ready to run for it.

"Get caught doing what?" Namjoon questions.

"You know....drinking too much." Seokjin rubs the back of his neck. "You know how people get when it comes to free alcohol."

I peek over the table and accidentally made eye contact with Hoseok. My eyes widen and I mentally slap myself for getting caught.